Mailing List Archive: nsp: juniper

Prefix List entries limit?

nsp juniper RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

packetjockey at gmail

Prefix List entries limit?

Hello list,

Wanted to ping the community and see if anyone has experience (good, bad,
boom, etc) with 20,000+ lined prefix-lists? It's about 345KB of prefixes
in a text file so I figure it'll be about the same on our routers. This
prefix-list in particular would be used to filter a certain peer of ours.
"apply-flags omit" would be set within this prefix-list. Thoughts?
Thanks in advance!

ObrienH at missouri

Re: Prefix List entries limit? [In reply to]

I have some lengthy ones. My only limitation is that I've used so much of my firewall memory (in my case) that I have to manipulate the filter a bit to get it to clear and reload when I edit it.
I don't expect to have this issue once I deploy my trio blades. (I have R blades in production now.)

On Apr 30, 2012, at 3:18 PM, Rafael Rodriguez wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> Wanted to ping the community and see if anyone has experience (good, bad,
> boom, etc) with 20,000+ lined prefix-lists? It's about 345KB of prefixes
> in a text file so I figure it'll be about the same on our routers. This
> prefix-list in particular would be used to filter a certain peer of ours.
> "apply-flags omit" would be set within this prefix-list. Thoughts?
> Thanks in advance!

packetjockey at gmail

Re: Prefix List entries limit? [In reply to]

The folks at JTAC provided this to me:

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos11.4/topics/reference/configuration-statement/prefix-list-edit-policy-options.html

Looks like its at just over 85,000 entries per prefix-list.