Mailing List Archive: nsp: juniper

looking for jncie-sp study follow

nsp juniper RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

bruno.juniper at gmail

looking for jncie-sp study follow

Looking for study folks; My exam is in 2 moths.skype: brunojuniper

sfouant at shortestpathfirst

Re: looking for jncie-sp study follow [In reply to]

On 4/23/2012 11:26 PM, bruno.juniper wrote:
> Looking for study folks; My exam is in 2 moths.skype: brunojuniper

Your best bet is to go through all the labs in JIR, AJSPR, JMV, JMR, and
JCOS. Mock these up and go through as many different scenarios as
possible. Also, the labs in Harry Reynolds' JNCIP and JNCIE Study Guides
are still good to go through as they are somewhat representative of the
type of stuff you will seen on the exam.

In addition, have you taken our JNCIE-SP bootcamp? You can order these
materials from our OnFullfillment website.

--
Stefan Fouant
JNCIE-SEC, JNCIE-SP, JNCIE-ENT, JNCI

Follow us on Twitter @JuniperEducate

bruno.juniper at gmail

Re: looking for jncie-sp study follow [In reply to]

ths stefan,

i have do most of lab in cjnr /ajnr/ advance vpn/ jncip lab guide /jncie lab guide and Proteus Networks workbook. didn't take jncie-sp bootcamp. it's too expensive for me.

------------------
Best Regards,
Bruno

On 4/23/2012 11:26 PM, bruno.juniper wrote:
> Looking for study folks; My exam is in 2 moths.skype: brunojuniper

Your best bet is to go through all the labs in JIR, AJSPR, JMV, JMR, and
JCOS. Mock these up and go through as many different scenarios as
possible. Also, the labs in Harry Reynolds' JNCIP and JNCIE Study Guides
are still good to go through as they are somewhat representative of the
type of stuff you will seen on the exam.

In addition, have you taken our JNCIE-SP bootcamp? You can order these
materials from our OnFullfillment website.

--
Stefan Fouant
JNCIE-SEC, JNCIE-SP, JNCIE-ENT, JNCI
Technical Trainer, Juniper Networks

Follow us on Twitter @JuniperEducate

jstuxuhu0816 at gmail

Re: looking for jncie-sp study follow [In reply to]

I also think it is too expansive, lol

Thanks and regards,
Xu Hu

On 24 Apr, 2012, at 23:17, "bruno.juniper" <bruno.juniper [at] gmail> wrote:

> ths stefan,
>

> i have do most of lab in cjnr /ajnr/ advance vpn/ jncip lab guide /jncie lab guide and Proteus Networks workbook. didn't take jncie-sp bootcamp. it's too expensive for me.
>

> ------------------
> Best Regards,
> Bruno

> From: "Stefan Fouant"<sfouant [at] shortestpathfirst>;
> Date: Tue, Apr 24, 2012 10:57 PM
> To: "bruno.juniper"<bruno.juniper [at] gmail>;
> Cc: "juniper-nsp"<juniper-nsp [at] puck>;
> Subject: Re: [j-nsp] looking for jncie-sp study follow
>

> On 4/23/2012 11:26 PM, bruno.juniper wrote:
>> Looking for study folks; My exam is in 2 moths.skype: brunojuniper
>
> Your best bet is to go through all the labs in JIR, AJSPR, JMV, JMR, and
> JCOS. Mock these up and go through as many different scenarios as
> possible. Also, the labs in Harry Reynolds' JNCIP and JNCIE Study Guides
> are still good to go through as they are somewhat representative of the
> type of stuff you will seen on the exam.
>
> In addition, have you taken our JNCIE-SP bootcamp? You can order these
> materials from our OnFullfillment website.
>
> --
> Stefan Fouant
> JNCIE-SEC, JNCIE-SP, JNCIE-ENT, JNCI
> Technical Trainer, Juniper Networks
>
> Follow us on Twitter @JuniperEducate

tomasz.kazmierczak at nsn

Re: looking for jncie-sp study follow [In reply to]

I did Juniper JNCIE-SP boot camp and can really recommend if U got a
chance.

Re: looking for jncie-sp study follow [In reply to]

On 4/24/2012 11:17 AM, bruno.juniper wrote:
> ths stefan,
>

> i have do most of lab in cjnr /ajnr/ advance vpn/ jncip lab guide /jncie lab guide and Proteus Networks workbook. didn't take jncie-sp bootcamp. it's too expensive for me.

Bruno,

The CJNR/AJNR/Advanced VPN are all really old and have been updated with
a lot of additional material that you are likely to see on the exam. The
material you have will leave a lot of gaps so I don't recommend using
that material as your sole means of preparation.

I would honestly take a look at our Onfulfillment website and get some
of the updated materials and study those before sitting the exam:

http://www.onfulfillment.com/JuniperTrainingPublic/WelcomePublic.aspx?sid=323

Honestly, I would suggest maybe postponing your lab attempt while you
take a look at the updated materials. It's a really tough exam and you
will have a lot of gaps if you don't have the latest materials.

Re: looking for jncie-sp study follow [In reply to]

Re: looking for jncie-sp study follow [In reply to]

On 4/24/2012 11:17 AM, bruno.juniper wrote:
> ths stefan,
>

> i have do most of lab in cjnr /ajnr/ advance vpn/ jncip lab guide /jncie lab guide and Proteus Networks workbook. didn't take jncie-sp bootcamp. it's too expensive for me.

Bruno,

The CJNR/AJNR/Advanced VPN are all really old and have been updated with
a lot of additional material that you are likely to see on the exam. The
material you have will leave a lot of gaps so I don't recommend using
that material as your sole means of preparation.

I would honestly take a look at our Onfulfillment website and get some
of the updated materials and study those before sitting the exam:

http://www.onfulfillment.com/JuniperTrainingPublic/WelcomePublic.aspx?sid=323

Honestly, I would suggest maybe postponing your lab attempt while you
take a look at the updated materials. It's a really tough exam and you
will have a lot of gaps if you don't have the latest materials.

Stefan Fouant
JNCIE-SEC, JNCIE-SP, JNCIE-ENT, JNCI
Technical Trainer, Juniper Networks

Follow us on Twitter @JuniperEducate

devinkennedy415 at hotmail

Re: looking for jncie-sp study follow [In reply to]

Hi Stefan:

Do you also have a recommendation for study materials for the JNCIP-SP
(taking to renew JNCIE-M) and also for study towards the JNCIE-SEC exams?

Best Regards,

Devin J Kennedy
Juniper Engineer - AT&T Labs
dk5601 [at] att

Re: looking for jncie-sp study follow [In reply to]

On 4/24/2012 2:02 PM, Devin Kennedy wrote:
> Hi Stefan:
>
> Do you also have a recommendation for study materials for the JNCIP-SP
> (taking to renew JNCIE-M) and also for study towards the JNCIE-SEC exams?

Hi Devin,

The same materials that you would use to prepare for JNCIE are also the
ones you would use to prepare for the JNCIP written exam, so JCOS, JMV,
JMR, and AJSPR. I would say the majority of the exam is based on routing
so your main focus should be on the AJSPR materials - lot of BGP, IS-IS
and OSPF questions.

If you're already JNCIE-M, I would say a light review would be
sufficient - the passing score is pretty low so I don't think you'll
have any problems.

For the SEC exam, I would recommend JSEC, AJSEC, JIPS, and JUTM, as well
as a cover-to-cover read of the 'Junos Security' book by Rob Cameron,
Tim Eberhard, et. al. Get your hands on some SRX devices and spend as
much time as possible mocking up different scenarios. Since you're
already JNCIE-M, I think you could do SEC preparation in as little as 3
months if you're focused.

Also you can check out my blog for more info on the SEC exam:

http://www.shortestpathfirst.net/2011/09/12/preparation-tips-for-the-jncie-sec-exam/

Good luck!

Re: looking for jncie-sp study follow [In reply to]

On 4/24/2012 2:02 PM, Devin Kennedy wrote:
> Hi Stefan:
>
> Do you also have a recommendation for study materials for the JNCIP-SP
> (taking to renew JNCIE-M) and also for study towards the JNCIE-SEC exams?

Hi Devin,

The same materials that you would use to prepare for JNCIE are also the
ones you would use to prepare for the JNCIP written exam, so JCOS, JMV,
JMR, and AJSPR. I would say the majority of the exam is based on routing
so your main focus should be on the AJSPR materials - lot of BGP, IS-IS
and OSPF questions.

If you're already JNCIE-M, I would say a light review would be
sufficient - the passing score is pretty low so I don't think you'll
have any problems.

For the SEC exam, I would recommend JSEC, AJSEC, JIPS, and JUTM, as well
as a cover-to-cover read of the 'Junos Security' book by Rob Cameron,
Tim Eberhard, et. al. Get your hands on some SRX devices and spend as
much time as possible mocking up different scenarios. Since you're
already JNCIE-M, I think you could do SEC preparation in as little as 3
months if you're focused.

Also you can check out my blog for more info on the SEC exam:

http://www.shortestpathfirst.net/2011/09/12/preparation-tips-for-the-jncie-sec-exam/

Good luck!

--
Stefan Fouant
JNCIE-SEC, JNCIE-SP, JNCIE-ENT, JNCI
Technical Trainer, Juniper Networks

Follow us on Twitter @JuniperEducate

abturkii at gmail

Re: looking for jncie-sp study follow [In reply to]

Hi Stephan,

How can we order the JNCIE-SP bootcamp material from the OnFullifillment website?

I could not find it in the courses lists.

BR//
Abdullah

Sent from my iPhone

Re: looking for jncie-sp study follow [In reply to]

On 4/24/2012 7:31 PM, Juniper Maillist wrote:
> Hi Stephan,
>
> How can we order the JNCIE-SP bootcamp material from the OnFullifillment website?
>
> I could not find it in the courses lists.

I was mistaken, it appears we do not offer the bootcamp materials on our
onfulfillment website at this time, although this may be subject to
change sometime in the future.

Re: looking for jncie-sp study follow [In reply to]

On 4/24/2012 7:32 PM, Ron Johnson wrote:
> In other news today...
>
> http://www.proteus.net/about/press-room/torrey-point-acquires-proteus-networks

Big congrats to Joe Soricelli and Doug Marschke who both founded Proteus
and are frequent visitors/posters on this list. All the best to you in
your new venture and teaming up w/ TorreyPoint.

Re: looking for jncie-sp study follow [In reply to]

Thanks,

Do you recommend taking the bootcamp just before entering the exam (1 week before) for well prepared candidates? If no, when do you recommend to take it?

BR//
Abdullah

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 25, 2012, at 3:26 AM, Stefan Fouant <sfouant [at] shortestpathfirst> wrote:

> On 4/24/2012 7:31 PM, Juniper Maillist wrote:
>> Hi Stephan,
>>
>> How can we order the JNCIE-SP bootcamp material from the OnFullifillment website?
>>
>> I could not find it in the courses lists.
>
> I was mistaken, it appears we do not offer the bootcamp materials on our onfulfillment website at this time, although this may be subject to change sometime in the future.
>
> --
> Stefan Fouant
> JNCIE-SEC, JNCIE-SP, JNCIE-ENT, JNCI
> Technical Trainer, Juniper Networks
>
> Follow us on Twitter @JuniperEducate

harry at juniper

Re: looking for jncie-sp study follow [In reply to]

Wow, big new and congrats to Doug, Joe, and crew!

Thanks for the heads-up Stefan.

Regards

Re: looking for jncie-sp study follow [In reply to]

On 4/24/2012 8:42 PM, Juniper Maillist wrote:
> Thanks,
>
> Do you recommend taking the bootcamp just before entering the exam (1 week before) for well prepared candidates? If no, when do you recommend to take it?

No, this is a big mistake. I recently taught the bootcamp and had two
candidates attempt to sit the exam the very next week and both failed
despite being fairly well prepared.

No matter how well prepared you are, during the bootcamp you are going
to identify areas that need improvement. I think a few weeks are
warranted to go through and master those areas prior to sitting the
exam. If you can, I'd schedule the actual exam about a month after
taking the bootcamp.

HTHs.

Re: looking for jncie-sp study follow [In reply to]

Thanks for the advice.

BR//
Abdullah

Sent from my iPhone

Re: looking for jncie-sp study follow [In reply to]

hello stefan,

Do juniper sell JNCIE bootcamp workbook on website? i heard people take the bootcamp will got a lab guide.
------------------
Best Regards,
Bruno

From: "Stefan Fouant"<sfouant [at] shortestpathfirst>;
Date: Wed, Apr 25, 2012 09:53 AM
To: "Juniper Maillist"<abturkii [at] gmail>;
Cc: "bruno.juniper"<bruno.juniper [at] gmail>; "juniper-nsp"<juniper-nsp [at] puck>;

On 4/24/2012 8:42 PM, Juniper Maillist wrote:
> Thanks,
>
> Do you recommend taking the bootcamp just before entering the exam (1 week before) for well prepared candidates? If no, when do you recommend to take it?

No, this is a big mistake. I recently taught the bootcamp and had two
candidates attempt to sit the exam the very next week and both failed
despite being fairly well prepared.

No matter how well prepared you are, during the bootcamp you are going
to identify areas that need improvement. I think a few weeks are
warranted to go through and master those areas prior to sitting the
exam. If you can, I'd schedule the actual exam about a month after
taking the bootcamp.

HTHs.

--
Stefan Fouant
JNCIE-SEC, JNCIE-SP, JNCIE-ENT, JNCI
Technical Trainer, Juniper Networks

Follow us on Twitter @JuniperEducate

misha.gzirishvili at gmail

Re: looking for jncie-sp study follow [In reply to]

AFAIK, Proteus has workbook for jncie-sp, and they do bootcamps as well.
Check proteus.net for more details.

tmikolajek at gmail

Re: looking for jncie-sp study follow [In reply to]

Harry and Stefan, I am starting preparation to JNCIS-SP exam. Could you
say, what books are good for this exam.
Thank you in advance.