Mailing List Archive: nsp: juniper

Recommend JUNOS version for M7i with RE400

nsp juniper RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

ilovebgp4 at gmail

Mar 18, 2012, 8:22 PM

Recommend JUNOS version for M7i with RE400

HI!

Is there any experience in JUNOS 10.4R
--
BR!

James Chen

ilovebgp4 at gmail

Mar 18, 2012, 8:29 PM

Re: Recommend JUNOS version for M7i with RE400 [In reply to]

Hi!

Sorry for last mail typo, Is there any experience in JUNOS 10.4R9 on M7i
with RE400? my scenario is GE interface for LAN link and ATM2-IQ for WAN
link, and only simple OSPF/BGP routing and some ATM COS in ATM link. is
there known bug is this scenario or do you have a recommend version for
this scenario?

Thanks for all the help!

BR!

James Chen

--
BR!

James Chen

shankarks at gmail

Mar 19, 2012, 6:37 AM

Re: Recommend JUNOS version for M7i with RE400 [In reply to]

I've been running 10.4R8.5 (previous to 10.4R9) with that config in lab
environment, didn't find any issues. But not sure about how many routes
does the router in your scenario need to process? you may need to consider
number of BGP peering session and no. of prefixes

Cheers

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 3:29 AM, Chen Jiang <ilovebgp4 [at] gmail> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Sorry for last mail typo, Is there any experience in JUNOS 10.4R9 on M7i
> with RE400? my scenario is GE interface for LAN link and ATM2-IQ for WAN
> link, and only simple OSPF/BGP routing and some ATM COS in ATM link. is
> there known bug is this scenario or do you have a recommend version for
> this scenario?
>
> Thanks for all the help!
>
> BR!
>
> James Chen
>
> On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 11:22 AM, Chen Jiang <ilovebgp4 [at] gmail> wrote:
>

> > HI!
> >
> > Is there any experience in JUNOS 10.4R
> > --
> > BR!
> >

> > James Chen
> >

> --
> BR!
>

> James Chen

keegan.holley at sungard

Mar 19, 2012, 8:57 PM

Re: Recommend JUNOS version for M7i with RE400 [In reply to]

Juniper publishes their recommended code so you may want to check there
first. Problem reports vary with different use cases so list member
opinions will vary. You may also want to verify that your RE's have the
required 1GB of flash. Some of the older RE-400 bundles do not have enough
flash to run 10.4. You can order flash separately and upgrade if you do
not have enough.