Mailing List Archive: nsp: juniper

GRE configuration

nsp juniper RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

Konstantinos.Doukakis at etg

Aug 1, 2002, 12:56 AM

GRE configuration

Hi,

I have configured two GRE tunnels unnumbered. The problem is that when the router gets a GRE packet it does not forward the packet after the decapsulation although the route is existing. When monitoring the gre interface the incoming packets are all measured correctly. I can also see the incoming gre packets from the ethernet interface. The Junos version is 5.1R2.4

Thanks
Kostas

gre {
unit 0 {
tunnel {
source 192.168.204.254;
destination 192.168.201.249;
}
family inet;
}
unit 1 {
tunnel {
source 192.168.204.254;
destination 192.168.201.250;
}
family inet;
}
}
lo0 {
unit 0 {
family inet {
address 192.168.204.254/32;
}
}
}
}
routing-options {
static {
route 212.152.91.0/24 {
qualified-next-hop gre.0;
}
route 212.152.90.10/32 {
qualified-next-hop gre.1;
}
route 212.152.90.20/32 {
qualified-next-hop gre.1;
}
}

stuart at tech

Aug 7, 2002, 9:08 AM

GRE configuration [In reply to]

> I have configured two GRE tunnels unnumbered. The problem is that
> when the router gets a GRE packet it does not forward the packet
> after the decapsulation although the route is existing. When
> monitoring the gre interface the incoming packets are all measured
> correctly. I can also see the incoming gre packets from the ethernet
> interface. The Junos version is 5.1R2.4

GRE tunnels should be configured as logical units of the tunnel PIC's
"gr-X/Y/Z" instance, not as logical units of "gre."

Stephen

dave.humphrey at telindus

Aug 9, 2002, 6:48 AM

GRE configuration [In reply to]

Stupid question from me, you do have tunnel PIC's installed don't you.

Dave