Mailing List Archive: nsp: ipv6

CPE (SOHO routers) IPv6 auto-configuration

nsp ipv6 RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

maxtul at netassist

Jul 25, 2012, 4:03 AM

CPE (SOHO routers) IPv6 auto-configuration

Hi All!

Our company provide home ETTH service. We provide IPv6 via rtadvd inside
our network since 2006.

Unlike in 2006, nowdays almost all customers do not connect their
equipment to our ETTH net directly, but have their own home routers.
Rtadvd can't reach their devices inside, cutting off IPv6 connectivity
for that customers.

Is there any standarts to provide IPv6 through SOHO routers inside,
without customers assistance? What routers are capable, if any?

I see it like router gets the outside (WAN) interface via rtadvd and/or
DHCPv6 as usual, then somehow gets /48 assigned to that customer, and
set Nx/64 from that /48 to inside (LAN, WiFi) interface(s) automatically.

sesse at google

Jul 25, 2012, 4:10 AM

Re: CPE (SOHO routers) IPv6 auto-configuration [In reply to]

2012/7/25 Max Tulyev <maxtul [at] netassist>:
> Is there any standarts to provide IPv6 through SOHO routers inside,
> without customers assistance? What routers are capable, if any?

Yes; what you want in this case is DHCP-PD. You can find a list of the
IPv6 state of various home routers at

http://getipv6.info/index.php/Broadband_CPE#Routers.2FWireless_Access_Points

/* Steinar */
--
Software Engineer, Google Switzerland

rdroms at cisco

Jul 25, 2012, 6:06 AM

Re: CPE (SOHO routers) IPv6 auto-configuration [In reply to]

RFC 6204 will provide additional information.

- Ralph

Re: CPE (SOHO routers) IPv6 auto-configuration [In reply to]

RFC 6204 will provide additional information.

- Ralph

On Jul 25, 2012, at 4:10 AM 7/25/12, Steinar H. Gunderson wrote:

> 2012/7/25 Max Tulyev <maxtul [at] netassist>:
>> Is there any standarts to provide IPv6 through SOHO routers inside,
>> without customers assistance? What routers are capable, if any?
>
> Yes; what you want in this case is DHCP-PD. You can find a list of the
> IPv6 state of various home routers at
>
> http://getipv6.info/index.php/Broadband_CPE#Routers.2FWireless_Access_Points
>
> /* Steinar */
> --
> Software Engineer, Google Switzerland

rdroms at cisco

Jul 25, 2012, 7:53 AM

Re: CPE (SOHO routers) IPv6 auto-configuration [In reply to]

RFC 6204 will provide additional information.

- Ralph

On Jul 25, 2012, at 4:10 AM 7/25/12, Steinar H. Gunderson wrote:

> 2012/7/25 Max Tulyev <maxtul [at] netassist>:
>> Is there any standarts to provide IPv6 through SOHO routers inside,
>> without customers assistance? What routers are capable, if any?
>
> Yes; what you want in this case is DHCP-PD. You can find a list of the
> IPv6 state of various home routers at
>
> http://getipv6.info/index.php/Broadband_CPE#Routers.2FWireless_Access_Points
>
> /* Steinar */
> --
> Software Engineer, Google Switzerland

rdroms at cisco

Jul 25, 2012, 7:57 AM

Re: CPE (SOHO routers) IPv6 auto-configuration [In reply to]