Mailing List Archive: nsp: ipv6
Re: And this month big surprize is... Romania!

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

v6ops at stefan-neufeind

Re: And this month big surprize is... Romania! [In reply to]

On 05/04/2012 11:37 PM, Eric Vyncke (evyncke) wrote:
> I am doing some measurement about IPv6 peers on the BitTorrent network
> (http://www.vyncke.org/ipv6status/p2p.php) and while the big surprise of
> early 2012 was the rise of US (esp AT&T network), in May the big rise is
> Romania and a provider named ‘RCS & RDS SA’ which is able in a couple of
> weeks to rise the number of native IPv6 BT peers in Romania to 1.6%...

Hi,

while I like the idea I somewhat doubt these numbers have enough
statistical background. Unfortunately it seems only possible to
determine a low number of peers at all through this way and so the
percentage-values are quite far off.

There are some networks (especially seeders) that are definitely
IPv6-capable but don't appear in those stats at all.
For sure it all depends on the angle of view ...

But as said, the idea is great :-)

Regards,
Stefan