Mailing List Archive: nsp: ipv6

AWS announces IPv6 load balancer support

nsp ipv6 RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

nicholas.hatch at gmail

AWS announces IPv6 load balancer support

"You've probably read some panic-inducing articles about the fact that the
Internet is running out of IP addresses! [...] We're providing this new
support in order to allow you to test your systems on World IPv6 day (June
8, 2011)."

http://aws.typepad.com/aws/2011/05/elastic-load-balancing-ipv6-zone-apex-support-additional-security.html

-n

cb.list6 at gmail

Re: AWS announces IPv6 load balancer support [In reply to]

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 9:22 PM, nick hatch <nicholas.hatch [at] gmail> wrote:
> "You've probably read some panic-inducing articles about the fact that the
> Internet is running out of IP addresses! [...] We're providing this new
> support in order to allow you to test your systems on World IPv6 day (June
> 8, 2011)."
>
> http://aws.typepad.com/aws/2011/05/elastic-load-balancing-ipv6-zone-apex-support-additional-security.html

COOL! Load balancer support is a great first step to deliver IPv6 content!

CB

> -n

jkrejci at usinternet

Re: AWS announces IPv6 load balancer support [In reply to]

Coyote Point EQOS 10 (currently in open beta) supports IPv6 as well for their GX series of load balancers. Not having participated in the beta I don't know how good it is but its a good start. I was told IPv6 was one of their top most requested features. Maybe some day IPv6 will not be just "a feature" and will be a mandatory core component of any and all software that talks on the Internet like IPv4 is today. Might make for a good comedy skit,
"NEW and IMPROVED! Our product now features IPv4 support out of the box"

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 9:22 PM, nick hatch <nicholas.hatch [at] gmail> wrote:
> "You've probably read some panic-inducing articles about the fact that the
> Internet is running out of IP addresses! [...] We're providing this new
> support in order to allow you to test your systems on World IPv6 day (June
> 8, 2011)."
>
> http://aws.typepad.com/aws/2011/05/elastic-load-balancing-ipv6-zone-apex-support-additional-security.html

COOL! Load balancer support is a great first step to deliver IPv6 content!

CB

> -n

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

jkirby at datawareservices

Re: AWS announces IPv6 load balancer support [In reply to]

A10 load balancers have supported IPv6 for some time. Even better, they support IPv6 VIPs to IPv4 only servers keeping all ALG functions intact. That allowed me to deploy IPv6 to existing websites without touching the servers.
--
Jim Kirby
Director of Engineering

On May 25, 2011, at 12:41 AM, <jkrejci [at] usinternet> <jkrejci [at] usinternet> wrote:

> Coyote Point EQOS 10 (currently in open beta) supports IPv6 as well for their GX series of load balancers. Not having participated in the beta I don't know how good it is but its a good start. I was told IPv6 was one of their top most requested features. Maybe some day IPv6 will not be just "a feature" and will be a mandatory core component of any and all software that talks on the Internet like IPv4 is today. Might make for a good comedy skit,
> "NEW and IMPROVED! Our product now features IPv4 support out of the box"

frnkblk at iname

RE: AWS announces IPv6 load balancer support [In reply to]

We have a pair of CoyotePoint's running the beta software, but it's not gone
smoothly thus far. Still at the "trying to configure" stage.

Frank

On May 25, 2011, at 12:41 AM, <jkrejci [at] usinternet>
Coyote Point EQOS 10 (currently in open beta) supports IPv6 as well for
their GX series of load balancers. Not having participated in the beta I
don't know how good it is but its a good start. I was told IPv6 was one of
their top most requested features. Maybe some day IPv6 will not be just "a
feature" and will be a mandatory core component of any and all software that
talks on the Internet like IPv4 is today. Might make for a good comedy skit,

"NEW and IMPROVED! Our product now features IPv4 support out of the box"

Jun 20, 2011, 9:33 PM

RE: AWS announces IPv6 load balancer support [In reply to]

FYI, it's a month later and we're still trying to get the beta code to pass
one IPv6 packet.

Frank