Mailing List Archive: nsp: ipv6

FYI: OpenDNS offers IPv6 Internet DNS services

nsp ipv6 RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

sjvn at vna1

FYI: OpenDNS offers IPv6 Internet DNS services

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/networking/opendns-offers-ipv6-internet-dns-services/1013

Steven

--
Steven J. Vaughan-Nichols
Editor-in-Chief, Practical Technology: http://www.practical-tech.com

jared at puck

Re: FYI: OpenDNS offers IPv6 Internet DNS services [In reply to]

On May 3, 2011, at 5:08 PM, Steven J. Vaughan-Nichols wrote:

> http://www.zdnet.com/blog/networking/opendns-offers-ipv6-internet-dns-services/1013

I would say keep in mind that I've observed them transforming SERVFAIL situations into NOERROR for AAAA, so while they may be 'OK' for a browser, they certainly aren't good for SMTP or other application uses.

Take a look at the data posted last week, they were least likely to return an error (which is good for the user) but with perhaps dubious benefit. I think it's also fairly well known that these things (can) cause poor performance of CDNs if you are not using a local resolver.

- Jared

nsp ipv6 RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded