Mailing List Archive: nsp: juniper

Cisco equivalent IP SLA feature

nsp juniper RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

felixnkansah at gmail

Cisco equivalent IP SLA feature

Hi team,
I would like to know if there are equivalent features of Cisco's IP SLA and
Object Tracking in Junos?

Many thanks,

Felix

felixnkansah at gmail

Re: Cisco equivalent IP SLA feature [In reply to]

Thanks to you all for your replies. Appreciated.

On Sat, May 30, 2009 at 9:10 AM, Mustafa Golam - <mustafa.golam [at] gmail>wrote:

> check this discussion
> http://forums.juniper.net/jnet/board/message?message.uid=6247
> and this link:
>
> http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/junos/junos82/swconfig82-services/html/rpm-config.html
>
> //Mustafa
>

> On Sat, May 30, 2009 at 9:55 AM, Felix Nkansah <felixnkansah [at] gmail>wrote:
>
>> Hi team,
>> I would like to know if there are equivalent features of Cisco's IP SLA
>> and
>> Object Tracking in Junos?
>>
>> Many thanks,
>>
>> Felix

> *)
> ..*) .*)
> (. (.` *Mustafa Golam,CCIE(..)'.'`,.
> -.*.-JNCIS,RHCE,CC{D,I,N,S,V}P`et. al.'.'`,..
> Email : mustafa.golam [at] gmail
> GSM: ++234-(7034174940)/(7060460120)
> MPBN / GPRS / PS Core Consultant, ELS
> LM Ericsson Nigeria Limited
> http://journey2ccie.wordpress.com/

davidtball at gmail

Re: Cisco equivalent IP SLA feature [In reply to]

You may also want to check out the release notes for 9.5 (?), which
I believe mention support of 802.1ag (end-to-end continuity check) and
ITU-T Y.1731 (delay, jitter, packetloss measurement).

David

2009/5/30 Felix Nkansah <felixnkansah [at] gmail>:
> Hi team,
> I would like to know if there are equivalent features of Cisco's IP SLA and
> Object Tracking in Junos?
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Felix

mduksa at gmail

Jun 1, 2009, 9:12 AM

Re: Cisco equivalent IP SLA feature [In reply to]

I don't think there is support for packet loss in Juniper JUNOS platforms as
part of Y.1731. Y.1731 supports it but Juniper does not implement it as far
as I know.Thanks,
Marlon

On Sat, May 30, 2009 at 7:20 AM, David Ball <davidtball [at] gmail> wrote:

> You may also want to check out the release notes for 9.5 (?), which
> I believe mention support of 802.1ag (end-to-end continuity check) and
> ITU-T Y.1731 (delay, jitter, packetloss measurement).
>
> David
>

> 2009/5/30 Felix Nkansah <felixnkansah [at] gmail>:
> > Hi team,
> > I would like to know if there are equivalent features of Cisco's IP SLA
> and
> > Object Tracking in Junos?
> >
> > Many thanks,
> >
> > Felix

ilovebgp4 at gmail

Jun 1, 2009, 6:10 PM

Re: Cisco equivalent IP SLA feature [In reply to]

you can try the RPM feature in JUNOS, you may need the service PIC for
hardware time stamp.

On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 12:12 AM, Marlon Duksa <mduksa [at] gmail> wrote:

> I don't think there is support for packet loss in Juniper JUNOS platforms
> as
> part of Y.1731. Y.1731 supports it but Juniper does not implement it as far
> as I know.Thanks,
> Marlon
>
> On Sat, May 30, 2009 at 7:20 AM, David Ball <davidtball [at] gmail> wrote:
>
> > You may also want to check out the release notes for 9.5 (?), which
> > I believe mention support of 802.1ag (end-to-end continuity check) and
> > ITU-T Y.1731 (delay, jitter, packetloss measurement).
> >
> > David
> >

> > 2009/5/30 Felix Nkansah <felixnkansah [at] gmail>:
> > > Hi team,
> > > I would like to know if there are equivalent features of Cisco's IP SLA
> > and
> > > Object Tracking in Junos?
> > >
> > > Many thanks,
> > >
> > > Felix