Mailing List Archive: nsp: inet

New IPv4 blocks allocated to RIPE NCC

nsp inet RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

leo at ripe

Aug 31, 2006, 12:52 AM

New IPv4 blocks allocated to RIPE NCC

[Apologies for duplicate mails]

Dear Colleagues,

The RIPE NCC received the IPv4 address ranges 77.0.0.0/8 and 78.0.0.0/7
from the IANA in August 2006. We will begin allocating from these ranges
in the near future.

The minimum allocation size for these four /8s has been set at /21. You
may wish to adjust any filters you have in place accordingly.

More information on the IP space administered by the RIPE NCC can be
found on our web site at:

https://www.ripe.net/ripe/docs/ripe-ncc-managed-address-space.html

Additionally, please note that two "pilot" prefixes are being announced
from each /8. Details of the prefixes, 'pingable' target names and
addresses for each prefix can be found on our web site at:

http://www.ris.ripe.net/debogon/debogon.html

Best regards,

--
leo vegoda
Registration Services Manager

leo at ripe

Aug 31, 2006, 1:00 AM

New IPv4 blocks allocated to RIPE NCC [In reply to]

On 31 Aug 2006, at 10:52GMT+02:00, leo vegoda wrote:

> [Apologies for duplicate mails]
>
> Dear Colleagues,
>
> The RIPE NCC received the IPv4 address ranges 77.0.0.0/8 and
> 78.0.0.0/7
> from the IANA in August 2006. We will begin allocating from these
> ranges
> in the near future.
>
> The minimum allocation size for these four /8s has been set at /21.
> You
> may wish to adjust any filters you have in place accordingly.

Typo. That's three /8s, not four.

Sorry.