Mailing List Archive: nsp: foundry

GRE tunnels on Brocade CER

nsp foundry RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

mprice at tqhosting

GRE tunnels on Brocade CER

Hi list,

I am considering deploying CER routers at two sites to handle BGP for
a few transit links, and OSPF for our internal network.

There will be a GigE point-to-point circuit connecting the two sites.

For backup in case that circuit is down, I am considering a GRE tunnel
over internet transit to carry OSPF traffic.

Does anyone have any experience running GRE tunnels on CER or related
families? Is GRE handled in hardware or software? Any performance
expectations?

Thanks,

Mark