Mailing List Archive: nsp: foundry
Re: Routing problem

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

dlawson at azzaron

Re: Routing problem [In reply to]

You're exactly right! Works great.

-----Original Message-----
From: Igor Ybema [mailto:igor [at] ergens]
Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2012 1:16 PM
To: David Lawson
Cc: foundry-nsp [at] puck
Subject: Re: [f-nsp] Routing problem

> Have we committed a routing faux pas by using the static route as our
> default gateway?  Any help is appreciated.

If I understand correctly you have connected 1/1 AND 3/1 to your ISP (via
HSRP on their side). However, you have only configured 1/1 as a routing
interface. This means that all traffic from your ISP received on 3/1 is
being dropped as this interface does not know how to handle the traffic.

You should create a routing virtual interface in your vlan 4000
('router-interface ve 1') and configure your ISP routing IP-net in that
interface (int ve 1) and NOT on the interface 1/1. That interface and
interface 3/1 should only be switch ports in vlan 4000. (vlan 4000
-> untag e 1/1 e 3/1).
Or you could also use HSPR (VRRP in non-cisco terms) on your router and
configure it on interface 1/1 and 3/1. But I don't see why you would want
this because you have only one router which is already the SPOF.

regards, Igor