Mailing List Archive: nsp: foundry

Basic configuration example for SI350/WSM6 running SWITCH code

nsp foundry RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

cheetaweb at gmail

Mar 26, 2012, 1:48 PM

Basic configuration example for SI350/WSM6 running SWITCH code

Can anyone help with a basic configuration example for load balancing, or
even dumb switching. I am trying to copy a configuration from an existing
SIXL to a 350 with a WSM6, but cannot get it to pass thru traffic.

What I have is..

server real cs1 97.98.123.34

port http

port http keepalive

port http url "HEAD /"

!

!

server virtual cs 97.98.123.35
port http

bind default cs1 default

bind http cs1 http

!

cs1 is just a plain http server, and this refuses to work on the 350..any
help?

clement at cavadore

Mar 26, 2012, 2:24 PM

Re: Basic configuration example for SI350/WSM6 running SWITCH code [In reply to]

Are you trying to do DSR ?

If so, you need to:

- add 97.98.123.35/32 as a loopback on your real server
- add "port http dsr" on your virtual server statement
- Configure the sysctl on your real server if it is a linux:
net.ipv4.conf.default.arp_announce = 2
net.ipv4.conf.default.arp_ignore = 1

Regards,

Clément

On Mon, 2012-03-26 at 21:48 +0100, Geoffrey Pan wrote:
> Can anyone help with a basic configuration example for load balancing,
> or even dumb switching. I am trying to copy a configuration from an
> existing SIXL to a 350 with a WSM6, but cannot get it to pass thru
> traffic.
>

> What I have is..
>

> server real cs1 97.98.123.34
>

> port http
>
> port http keepalive
>
> port http url "HEAD /"
>
> !
>
> !
>
> server virtual cs 97.98.123.35
>
> port http
>
> bind default cs1 default
>
> bind http cs1 http
>
> !
>

> cs1 is just a plain http server, and this refuses to work on the
> 350..any help?

cheetaweb at gmail

Mar 28, 2012, 11:35 AM

Re: Basic configuration example for SI350/WSM6 running SWITCH code [In reply to]

Not trying to do DSR, regular pass thru load balancing with two servers
behind the balancer. All of the boxes are on the same subnet..

Anyone got a sample configuration they could share?

(world) - (Si350) - box a / box b

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 10:24 PM, Clement Cavadore <clement [at] cavadore>wrote:

> Are you trying to do DSR ?
>
> If so, you need to:
>
> - add 97.98.123.35/32 as a loopback on your real server
> - add "port http dsr" on your virtual server statement
> - Configure the sysctl on your real server if it is a linux:
> net.ipv4.conf.default.arp_announce = 2
> net.ipv4.conf.default.arp_ignore = 1
>
> Regards,
>
> Clément
>
> On Mon, 2012-03-26 at 21:48 +0100, Geoffrey Pan wrote:
> > Can anyone help with a basic configuration example for load balancing,
> > or even dumb switching. I am trying to copy a configuration from an
> > existing SIXL to a 350 with a WSM6, but cannot get it to pass thru
> > traffic.
> >

> > What I have is..
> >

> > server real cs1 97.98.123.34
> >

> > port http
> >
> > port http keepalive
> >
> > port http url "HEAD /"
> >
> > !
> >
> > !
> >
> > server virtual cs 97.98.123.35
> >
> > port http
> >
> > bind default cs1 default
> >
> > bind http cs1 http
> >
> > !
> >

> > cs1 is just a plain http server, and this refuses to work on the
> > 350..any help?

wcooper02 at gmail

Mar 28, 2012, 5:22 PM

Re: Basic configuration example for SI350/WSM6 running SWITCH code [In reply to]

wow... 350's are still being used?

have you configured server-router ports properly (needed in older code)?

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 2:35 PM, Geoffrey Pan <cheetaweb [at] gmail> wrote:
> Not trying to do DSR, regular pass thru load balancing with two servers
> behind the balancer. All of the boxes are on the same subnet..
>
> Anyone got a sample configuration they could share?
>
> (world) - (Si350) - box a / box b
>

> On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 10:24 PM, Clement Cavadore <clement [at] cavadore>
> wrote:
>>
>> Are you trying to do DSR ?
>>
>> If so, you need to:
>>
>> - add 97.98.123.35/32 as a loopback on your real server
>> - add "port http dsr" on your virtual server statement
>> - Configure the sysctl on your real server if it is a linux:
>>        net.ipv4.conf.default.arp_announce = 2
>>        net.ipv4.conf.default.arp_ignore = 1
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Clément
>>
>> On Mon, 2012-03-26 at 21:48 +0100, Geoffrey Pan wrote:
>> > Can anyone help with a basic configuration example for load balancing,
>> > or even dumb switching. I am trying to copy a configuration from an
>> > existing SIXL to a 350 with a WSM6, but cannot get it to pass thru
>> > traffic.
>> >

>> > What I have is..
>> >

>> > server real cs1 97.98.123.34
>> >

>> >  port http
>> >
>> >  port http keepalive
>> >
>> >  port http url "HEAD /"
>> >
>> > !
>> >
>> > !
>> >
>> > server virtual cs 97.98.123.35
>> >
>> >  port http
>> >
>> >  bind default cs1 default
>> >
>> >  bind http cs1 http
>> >
>> > !
>> >

>> > cs1 is just a plain http server, and this refuses to work on the
>> > 350..any help?

mkallen at gmail

Mar 28, 2012, 9:28 PM

Re: Basic configuration example for SI350/WSM6 running SWITCH code [In reply to]

When you say all boxes are on the same subnet, do you mean your test
machine as well? If so, then the real server is responding directly back
to the client, bypassing the reverse NAT. If not, then a 'show server
session' and a 'show server real' would help. Pretty basic config, looks
right.

Mike