Mailing List Archive: nsp: foundry

GVRP with MRP

nsp foundry RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

mrxlazuardin at gmail

Jun 20, 2011, 10:13 AM

GVRP with MRP

Hi,

I need some examples about implementing GVRP/GARP with MRP ring. All
ring nodes are FWS and there is more than one ring. Some FWSs are
connected to more than one ring. I don't understand how to dynamically
put some VLANs to be MRP VLAN members.

If some switches under FWSs are Cisco and want to use VTP, how can it
interact with MRP?

Best regards,

niels=foundry-nsp at bakker

Jun 20, 2011, 11:21 AM

Re: GVRP with MRP [In reply to]

* mrxlazuardin [at] gmail (Lazuardi Nasution) [Mon 20 Jun 2011, 19:14 CEST]:
>I need some examples about implementing GVRP/GARP with MRP ring. All
>ring nodes are FWS and there is more than one ring. Some FWSs are
>connected to more than one ring. I don't understand how to
>dynamically put some VLANs to be MRP VLAN members.

I'm not aware of any functionality that feeds back information from
GARP into a topology-group.

>If some switches under FWSs are Cisco and want to use VTP, how can
>it interact with MRP?

I've not tried this but if you single-home those Ciscos (i.e., don't
create loops) it should work out. MRP doesn't need to be configured
on any intermediary devices anyway; so as long as the VLAN carrying
MRP health packets isn't interrupted, the MRP masters should block
links as appropriate, if you make them part of a ring.

-- Niels.