Mailing List Archive: nsp: foundry

BigIron RX16 GRE tunnels

nsp foundry RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

patrick.topping at hypermediasystems

BigIron RX16 GRE tunnels

Hello everyone,

I am hoping that someone on the list might be able to help me with some
issues that I am having getting a GRE tunnel set up in a BigIron RX16,
code version 2.7.3a.

Below is the tunnel config:

interface tunnel 1
port-name "Arbor TMS reinjection tunnel"
tunnel mode gre ip
tunnel loopback 3/4
tunnel source loopback 1
tunnel destination 207.199.89.57
ip address 204.1.155.14/30
ip policy route-map TMSreinjection
no ip redirect

ip access-list extended EQ_LA3_TMS_Hosts
permit ip any host 204.1.152.65

route-map TMSreinjection permit 10
match ip address EQ_LA3_TMS_Hosts
set ip next-hop 204.1.152.33

telnet [at] eqla3-fbirx16-00# sh ip route 204.1.152.33
Type Codes - B:BGP D:Connected I:ISIS S:Static R:RIP O:OSPF;
Cost - Dist/Metric
Uptime - Days:Hours:Minutes:Seconds
Destination Gateway Port Cost
Type Uptime
1 204.1.152.32/30 DIRECT ve 360 0/0
D 0:23:11:15

What I am trying to do is to get traffic tunneled from an Arbor Network
TMS system to the RX16 tunnel 1. I know the issue is not on the Arbor
TMS side because I have 2 other GRE tunnels working to Cisco 6513
routers. I have the physical port 3/4 set up as the tunnel loopback
interface but I do not see any traffic on the interface at all.

Port name is "xe 3/4 - GRE tunnel loopback"
MTU 1518 bytes, encapsulation ethernet
30 second input rate: 0 bits/sec, 0 packets/sec, 0.00%
utilization
30 second output rate: 0 bits/sec, 0 packets/sec, 0.00%
utilization

I have a case opened with the Brocade TAC but I am not getting much help
yet. I am hoping that someone on the list has experience with GRE
tunnels on the BigIron RX platform and can help me with GRE tunneling
and policy based routing.

Thanks in advance.

-Patrick
Attachments: signature.asc (0.19 KB)

nsp foundry RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded