Mailing List Archive: nsp: foundry

Redundant SI pair with virtual gateway ip

nsp foundry RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

tom.banner.15 at gmail

Redundant SI pair with virtual gateway ip

Im currently running a single si450 using router code. It's Nating all the incoming traffic.

My servers use the private interface as the gateway IP.

I'm looking to add a second SI for redundancy but not sure how the gateway situation with my servers would work. How do I setup a shared ip between the two SIs so that my servers can use it as a gateway?

dschout at high5

Re: Redundant SI pair with virtual gateway ip [In reply to]

Maybe I am missing something...

But VRRP or VRRPe seems the most obvious solution to what you are trying to achieve.

Greetings,

Diederim

Sent from my iPhone