Mailing List Archive: nsp: foundry

Latest MLX Ironware 5.1: high cpu load issue?

nsp foundry RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

Arjan at voiceworks

Mar 10, 2011, 4:17 AM

Latest MLX Ironware 5.1: high cpu load issue?

I'm looking into upgrading my MLX8 boxes to the latest 5.1 release due to IPv6 VRRP-e support. I'm hearing there is an issue in 5.1 that causes significantly higher CPU load (30 to 40% where older SW only caused up to 10% on the same box/configuration) during regular operation.

I have not yet received details about this besides the comment the higher CPU load is being caused/seen in the IP_Rx process and might be related to some ARP issue.

Is anyone here using the latest 5.1 on the MLX? We're using NI-MLX-1Gx20-SFP and NI-MLX-10Gx2 on the boxes.

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Arjan van der Oest
Senior Network & Systems Engineer / Security Officer

Voiceworks BV - Editiestraat 29 - 1321 NG Almere
Mobile : (+31) (0)36 7600 197
Voiceworks winnaar Gouden FD Gazelle Award 2010 http://bit.ly/eksf8V

niels=foundry-nsp at bakker

Mar 12, 2011, 11:37 AM

Re: Latest MLX Ironware 5.1: high cpu load issue? [In reply to]

* Arjan [at] voiceworks (Arjan Van Der Oest) [Thu 10 Mar 2011, 13:18 CET]:
>I'm looking into upgrading my MLX8 boxes to the latest 5.1 release
>due to IPv6 VRRP-e support. I'm hearing there is an issue in 5.1
>that causes significantly higher CPU load (30 to 40% where older SW
>only caused up to 10% on the same box/configuration) during regular
>operation.

Haven't seen this on XMR. Using BGP, VRRP for both v4 and v6, no VRFs.

-- Niels.