Mailing List Archive: nsp: foundry

Iron Ware versions and sFlow

nsp foundry RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

rsm at fast-serv

Mar 8, 2011, 5:28 AM

Iron Ware versions and sFlow

I have a pretty large mix of FESX devices running various IronWare releases
and I'm getting erronious exports on one units running 4.x.x code. All I'm
getting is counter data every second and maybe 1/50,000 packets or less even
though my sample rate is 1/4096.

All the 5.x.x based boxes are exporting flows normally.

I also notice that the CPU usage is around 20% at full tilt with sflow enabled
on the 5.x.x codebase but stays at <1% on 4.x.x

Can anyone confirm sFlow pretty much broken/useless on the 4.x.x codebase?

~Randy

rsm at fast-serv

Mar 8, 2011, 5:35 AM

Re: Iron Ware versions and sFlow [In reply to]

Actually I just confirmed, at least as of 04.2.00bT3e3 it appears to be
working...

so far the boxes flows is are <=04.0.00T3e3

~Randy

nick at foobar

Mar 10, 2011, 3:29 AM

Re: Iron Ware versions and sFlow [In reply to]

> Can anyone confirm sFlow pretty much broken/useless on the 4.x.x codebase?

I can confirm that on 4.2.00c on the TI24X, we get exactly 50 samples per
second exported from our boxes, regardless of the actual load and
regardless of the configured sampling rate. I've opened up a support case
about this.

Haven't looked too hard into other versions yet.

Nick