Login | Register For Free | Help
Search for: (Advanced)

Mailing List Archive: nsp: foundry

Fwd: Seeking firmware for Foundry / Brocade FES2402 switch

 

 

nsp foundry RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded


lausgans at gmail

Feb 28, 2011, 11:29 PM

Post #1 of 10 (2863 views)
Permalink
Fwd: Seeking firmware for Foundry / Brocade FES2402 switch

Hi! I'm currently seeking a firmware for Foundry
FastIron 2402 (FES2402) switch, non-premium version.
Mine is very old. Here is an output from my device.

BR-SSH [at] pigiro>sh ver
SW: Version 03.5.01Tc1 Copyright (c) 1996-2006 Foundry Networks, Inc.
Compiled on Jun 24 2006 at 21:37:14 labeled as FEL03501
(2732353 bytes) from Secondary fel03501.bin
Boot Monitor: Version 03.5.00Tc4
HW: Stackable FES2402
==========================================================================
Serial #: FWXXXXXXXX
330 MHz Power PC processor 8245 (version 129/1014) 66 MHz bus
512 KB boot flash memory
16384 KB code flash memory
128 MB DRAM
The system uptime is 6 days 1 hours 32 minutes 7 seconds
The system started at 08:45:09 GMT+03 Wed Feb 23 2011

The system : started=cold start

BR-SSH [at] pigiro>sh flash
Compressed Pri Code size = 2207650, Version 03.5.01Tc1 (fes03501.bin)
Compressed Sec Code size = 2732353, Version 03.5.01Tc1 (fel03501.bin)
Compressed Boot-Monitor Image size = 49021, Version 03.5.00Tc4
Compressed Boot-Tftp Code size = 184111, Version 03.5.00Tc5
Default BootROM Contents Info:
Boot Loader Rev: 1a
Monitor Image Version: 03.01.02Tc4
Boot-Tftp Image Version: 03.01.02Tc5
Code Flash Free Space = 11337728

Can anybody share/sell most recent firmware for my device? Because i'm
ready to buy support contract from Brocade just to support single EOL
device.
Since many of you can have contract that allows access to KP Foundry
portal (legacy IP products), i hope someone can help me.

P.S.: The latest firmware at the 11/2010 was a FES 04.1.01c (i.e.
FES04101c) according to information that i got from Brocade support.

Thanks!
_______________________________________________
foundry-nsp mailing list
foundry-nsp [at] puck
http://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/foundry-nsp


naskrfan at yahoo

Mar 1, 2011, 4:17 AM

Post #2 of 10 (2841 views)
Permalink
Re: Fwd: Seeking firmware for Foundry / Brocade FES2402 switch [In reply to]

First of all, it is illegal to "sell" any hardware OS that Brocade owns the
property rights to, this includes the older Foundry code. I would highly
recommend that nobody takes this road with you. Technically speaking, it is also
illegal to "share" any access information with someone who is not an authorized
user under that service contract which allows access to the sites. If someone is
found sharing their access with a non-authorized user, they could potentially be
denied access also.


You best bet would be to contact Brocade and get an authorized copy of the
software you need. Just to let you know, you will also need the boot image for
your targeted software image before you can successfully perform your upgrade.


Thank you in advance.
Regards,

Terry Dickerson
Brocade Communications
Brocade Resident Consultant - 4
BCNP/BCNE/BCLE4-7/BCEFE




________________________________
From: "lausgans [at] gmail" <lausgans [at] gmail>
To: foundry-nsp [at] puck
Sent: Tue, March 1, 2011 1:29:51 AM
Subject: [f-nsp] Fwd: Seeking firmware for Foundry / Brocade FES2402 switch

Hi! I'm currently seeking a firmware for Foundry
FastIron 2402 (FES2402) switch, non-premium version.
Mine is very old. Here is an output from my device.

BR-SSH [at] pigiro>sh ver
SW: Version 03.5.01Tc1 Copyright (c) 1996-2006 Foundry Networks, Inc.
Compiled on Jun 24 2006 at 21:37:14 labeled as FEL03501
(2732353 bytes) from Secondary fel03501.bin
Boot Monitor: Version 03.5.00Tc4
HW: Stackable FES2402
==========================================================================
Serial #: FWXXXXXXXX
330 MHz Power PC processor 8245 (version 129/1014) 66 MHz bus
512 KB boot flash memory
16384 KB code flash memory
128 MB DRAM
The system uptime is 6 days 1 hours 32 minutes 7 seconds
The system started at 08:45:09 GMT+03 Wed Feb 23 2011

The system : started=cold start

BR-SSH [at] pigiro>sh flash
Compressed Pri Code size = 2207650, Version 03.5.01Tc1 (fes03501.bin)
Compressed Sec Code size = 2732353, Version 03.5.01Tc1 (fel03501.bin)
Compressed Boot-Monitor Image size = 49021, Version 03.5.00Tc4
Compressed Boot-Tftp Code size = 184111, Version 03.5.00Tc5
Default BootROM Contents Info:
Boot Loader Rev: 1a
Monitor Image Version: 03.01.02Tc4
Boot-Tftp Image Version: 03.01.02Tc5
Code Flash Free Space = 11337728

Can anybody share/sell most recent firmware for my device? Because i'm
ready to buy support contract from Brocade just to support single EOL
device.
Since many of you can have contract that allows access to KP Foundry
portal (legacy IP products), i hope someone can help me.

P.S.: The latest firmware at the 11/2010 was a FES 04.1.01c (i.e.
FES04101c) according to information that i got from Brocade support.

Thanks!
_______________________________________________
foundry-nsp mailing list
foundry-nsp [at] puck
http://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/foundry-nsp


lausgans at gmail

Mar 1, 2011, 4:29 AM

Post #3 of 10 (2761 views)
Permalink
Re: Fwd: Seeking firmware for Foundry / Brocade FES2402 switch [In reply to]

I'm fully understand the whole illegality of this activity and all
responsibilities that it could cause.
Luckily i've found a way to get what a need. So i'm
cancelling this ask.
Thanks again for everybody who answered me.

Thanks for remindering that regarding the boot code, good that is also
mentioned in "Release Notes".

01.03.2011 15:17, Mr. Dickerson wrote:
> First of all, it is illegal to "sell" any hardware OS that Brocade owns
> the property rights to, this includes the older Foundry code. I would
> highly recommend that nobody takes this road with you. Technically
> speaking, it is also illegal to "share" any access information with
> someone who is not an authorized user under that service contract which
> allows access to the sites. If someone is found sharing their access
> with a non-authorized user, they could potentially be denied access also.
>
> You best bet would be to contact Brocade and get an authorized copy of
> the software you need. Just to let you know, you will also need the boot
> image for your targeted software image before you can successfully
> perform your upgrade.
>
> Thank you in advance.
> Regards,
>
> Terry Dickerson
> Brocade Communications
> Brocade Resident Consultant - 4
> BCNP/BCNE/BCLE4-7/BCEFE
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> *From:* "lausgans [at] gmail" <lausgans [at] gmail>
> *To:* foundry-nsp [at] puck
> *Sent:* Tue, March 1, 2011 1:29:51 AM
> *Subject:* [f-nsp] Fwd: Seeking firmware for Foundry / Brocade FES2402
> switch
>
> Hi! I'm currently seeking a firmware for Foundry
> FastIron 2402 (FES2402) switch, non-premium version.
> Mine is very old. Here is an output from my device.
>
> BR-SSH [at] pigiro>sh ver
> SW: Version 03.5.01Tc1 Copyright (c) 1996-2006 Foundry Networks, Inc.
> Compiled on Jun 24 2006 at 21:37:14 labeled as FEL03501
> (2732353 bytes) from Secondary fel03501.bin
> Boot Monitor: Version 03.5.00Tc4
> HW: Stackable FES2402
> ==========================================================================
> Serial #: FWXXXXXXXX
> 330 MHz Power PC processor 8245 (version 129/1014) 66 MHz bus
> 512 KB boot flash memory
> 16384 KB code flash memory
> 128 MB DRAM
> The system uptime is 6 days 1 hours 32 minutes 7 seconds
> The system started at 08:45:09 GMT+03 Wed Feb 23 2011
>
> The system : started=cold start
>
> BR-SSH [at] pigiro>sh flash
> Compressed Pri Code size = 2207650, Version 03.5.01Tc1 (fes03501.bin)
> Compressed Sec Code size = 2732353, Version 03.5.01Tc1 (fel03501.bin)
> Compressed Boot-Monitor Image size = 49021, Version 03.5.00Tc4
> Compressed Boot-Tftp Code size = 184111, Version 03.5.00Tc5
> Default BootROM Contents Info:
> Boot Loader Rev: 1a
> Monitor Image Version: 03.01.02Tc4
> Boot-Tftp Image Version: 03.01.02Tc5
> Code Flash Free Space = 11337728
>
> Can anybody share/sell most recent firmware for my device? Because i'm
> ready to buy support contract from Brocade just to support single EOL
> device.
> Since many of you can have contract that allows access to KP Foundry
> portal (legacy IP products), i hope someone can help me.
>
> P.S.: The latest firmware at the 11/2010 was a FES 04.1.01c (i.e.
> FES04101c) according to information that i got from Brocade support.
>
> Thanks!
> _______________________________________________
> foundry-nsp mailing list
> foundry-nsp [at] puck <mailto:foundry-nsp [at] puck>
> http://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/foundry-nsp
>
_______________________________________________
foundry-nsp mailing list
foundry-nsp [at] puck
http://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/foundry-nsp


jjackson at aninetworks

Mar 1, 2011, 9:31 AM

Post #4 of 10 (2769 views)
Permalink
Re: Fwd: Seeking firmware for Foundry / Brocade FES2402 switch [In reply to]

Under what statue/laws would he be breaking? It's a pet peeve of mine that people throw around the word "illegal" when it would most likely be a civil contract manner.




On Mar 1, 2011, at 6:17 AM, Mr. Dickerson wrote:

First of all, it is illegal to "sell" any hardware OS that Brocade owns the property rights to, this includes the older Foundry code. I would highly recommend that nobody takes this road with you. Technically speaking, it is also illegal to "share" any access information with someone who is not an authorized user under that service contract which allows access to the sites. If someone is found sharing their access with a non-authorized user, they could potentially be denied access also.

You best bet would be to contact Brocade and get an authorized copy of the software you need. Just to let you know, you will also need the boot image for your targeted software image before you can successfully perform your upgrade.

Thank you in advance.
Regards,

Terry Dickerson
Brocade Communications
Brocade Resident Consultant - 4
BCNP/BCNE/BCLE4-7/BCEFE

________________________________
From: "lausgans [at] gmail<mailto:lausgans [at] gmail>" <lausgans [at] gmail<mailto:lausgans [at] gmail>>
To: foundry-nsp [at] puck<mailto:foundry-nsp [at] puck>
Sent: Tue, March 1, 2011 1:29:51 AM
Subject: [f-nsp] Fwd: Seeking firmware for Foundry / Brocade FES2402 switch

Hi! I'm currently seeking a firmware for Foundry
FastIron 2402 (FES2402) switch, non-premium version.
Mine is very old. Here is an output from my device.

BR-SSH [at] pigiro>sh ver
SW: Version 03.5.01Tc1 Copyright (c) 1996-2006 Foundry Networks, Inc.
Compiled on Jun 24 2006 at 21:37:14 labeled as FEL03501
(2732353 bytes) from Secondary fel03501.bin
Boot Monitor: Version 03.5.00Tc4
HW: Stackable FES2402
==========================================================================
Serial #: FWXXXXXXXX
330 MHz Power PC processor 8245 (version 129/1014) 66 MHz bus
512 KB boot flash memory
16384 KB code flash memory
128 MB DRAM
The system uptime is 6 days 1 hours 32 minutes 7 seconds
The system started at 08:45:09 GMT+03 Wed Feb 23 2011

The system : started=cold start

BR-SSH [at] pigiro>sh flash
Compressed Pri Code size = 2207650, Version 03.5.01Tc1 (fes03501.bin)
Compressed Sec Code size = 2732353, Version 03.5.01Tc1 (fel03501.bin)
Compressed Boot-Monitor Image size = 49021, Version 03.5.00Tc4
Compressed Boot-Tftp Code size = 184111, Version 03.5.00Tc5
Default BootROM Contents Info:
Boot Loader Rev: 1a
Monitor Image Version: 03.01.02Tc4
Boot-Tftp Image Version: 03.01.02Tc5
Code Flash Free Space = 11337728

Can anybody share/sell most recent firmware for my device? Because i'm
ready to buy support contract from Brocade just to support single EOL
device.
Since many of you can have contract that allows access to KP Foundry
portal (legacy IP products), i hope someone can help me.

P.S.: The latest firmware at the 11/2010 was a FES 04.1.01c (i.e.
FES04101c) according to information that i got from Brocade support.

Thanks!
_______________________________________________
foundry-nsp mailing list
foundry-nsp [at] puck<mailto:foundry-nsp [at] puck>
http://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/foundry-nsp

<ATT00001..c>


marchenko at gmail

Mar 1, 2011, 1:53 PM

Post #5 of 10 (2765 views)
Permalink
Re: Fwd: Seeking firmware for Foundry / Brocade FES2402 switch [In reply to]

this is, actually why we won't buy their products anymore - the idea of
paying them to obtain a FW that fixes bugs that should have not been
there to begin with...

-- vlad



On 3/1/2011 11:31 AM, Joseph Jackson wrote:
> Under what statue/laws would he be breaking? It's a pet peeve of mine
> that people throw around the word "illegal" when it would most likely
> be a civil contract manner.
>
>
>


v.streltsov at tiera

Mar 1, 2011, 2:02 PM

Post #6 of 10 (2763 views)
Permalink
Re: Fwd: Seeking firmware for Foundry / Brocade FES2402 switch [In reply to]

Hi

Pay to have ability to say them about FW bugs - that's abnormal!

---
Valeri Streltsov
TiERA Broadband
Tel +7 812 6777776
Fax +7 812 6220272

02.03.2011 0:53, Vlad Marchenko пишет:
> this is, actually why we won't buy their products anymore - the idea of
> paying them to obtain a FW that fixes bugs that should have not been
> there to begin with...
>
> -- vlad
>
>
>
> On 3/1/2011 11:31 AM, Joseph Jackson wrote:
>> Under what statue/laws would he be breaking? It's a pet peeve of mine
>> that people throw around the word "illegal" when it would most likely
>> be a civil contract manner.
>>
>>
>>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> foundry-nsp mailing list
> foundry-nsp [at] puck
> http://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/foundry-nsp
_______________________________________________
foundry-nsp mailing list
foundry-nsp [at] puck
http://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/foundry-nsp


lausgans at gmail

Mar 3, 2011, 4:13 AM

Post #7 of 10 (2770 views)
Permalink
Re: Fwd: Seeking firmware for Foundry / Brocade FES2402 switch [In reply to]

Actually, Cisco policy is not greater in this field.
I don't know how about Extreme Networks, but both Brocade
and Cisco require contracts to get an access to their
OS firmware.
But imho that's because Brocade are currently focused
on SAN market mostly. I think that they just stayed
the same policy as Foundry did for their IP products.
This products segment is called by Brocade as "legacy".
BTW all of the Brocade SAN firmware and trial versions of their
products are avaliable at myBrocade.

02.03.2011 0:53, Vlad Marchenko пишет:
> this is, actually why we won't buy their products anymore - the idea of
> paying them to obtain a FW that fixes bugs that should have not been
> there to begin with...
>
> -- vlad
>
>
>
> On 3/1/2011 11:31 AM, Joseph Jackson wrote:
>> Under what statue/laws would he be breaking? It's a pet peeve of mine
>> that people throw around the word "illegal" when it would most likely
>> be a civil contract manner.
>>
>>
>>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> foundry-nsp mailing list
> foundry-nsp [at] puck
> http://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/foundry-nsp
_______________________________________________
foundry-nsp mailing list
foundry-nsp [at] puck
http://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/foundry-nsp


georgeb at gmail

Mar 3, 2011, 8:14 PM

Post #8 of 10 (2780 views)
Permalink
Re: Fwd: Seeking firmware for Foundry / Brocade FES2402 switch [In reply to]

On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 4:13 AM, <lausgans [at] gmail> wrote:

> Actually, Cisco policy is not greater in this field.
> I don't know how about Extreme Networks, but both Brocade
> and Cisco require contracts to get an access to their
> OS firmware.
>

To some extent, that is true. With Cisco you need a support contract to
UPGRADE to a newer version but to get the last update to the installed
version, you generally don't.

If the update involves security fixes, you can usually get the fix for the
version you are currently running without a support contract.

Thing is that there haven't been nearly as many security bugs discovered in
Brocade stuff to date.


lausgans at gmail

Feb 10, 2013, 8:29 PM

Post #9 of 10 (1660 views)
Permalink
Re: Seeking firmware for Foundry / Brocade FES2402 switch [In reply to]

Hello.
I'm interested in subject again. Currently running r04.1.01d, would be
like to get fresher one, presumably r04.1.01f.

2011/3/1 <lausgans [at] gmail>:
> Hi! I'm currently seeking a firmware for Foundry
> FastIron 2402 (FES2402) switch, non-premium version.
> Mine is very old. Here is an output from my device.
>
> BR-SSH [at] pigiro>sh ver
> SW: Version 03.5.01Tc1 Copyright (c) 1996-2006 Foundry Networks, Inc.
> Compiled on Jun 24 2006 at 21:37:14 labeled as FEL03501
> (2732353 bytes) from Secondary fel03501.bin
> Boot Monitor: Version 03.5.00Tc4
> HW: Stackable FES2402
> ==========================================================================
> Serial #: FWXXXXXXXX
> 330 MHz Power PC processor 8245 (version 129/1014) 66 MHz bus
> 512 KB boot flash memory
> 16384 KB code flash memory
> 128 MB DRAM
> The system uptime is 6 days 1 hours 32 minutes 7 seconds
> The system started at 08:45:09 GMT+03 Wed Feb 23 2011
>
> The system : started=cold start
>
> BR-SSH [at] pigiro>sh flash
> Compressed Pri Code size = 2207650, Version 03.5.01Tc1 (fes03501.bin)
> Compressed Sec Code size = 2732353, Version 03.5.01Tc1 (fel03501.bin)
> Compressed Boot-Monitor Image size = 49021, Version 03.5.00Tc4
> Compressed Boot-Tftp Code size = 184111, Version 03.5.00Tc5
> Default BootROM Contents Info:
> Boot Loader Rev: 1a
> Monitor Image Version: 03.01.02Tc4
> Boot-Tftp Image Version: 03.01.02Tc5
> Code Flash Free Space = 11337728
>
> Can anybody share/sell most recent firmware for my device? Because i'm
> ready to buy support contract from Brocade just to support single EOL
> device.
> Since many of you can have contract that allows access to KP Foundry
> portal (legacy IP products), i hope someone can help me.
>
> P.S.: The latest firmware at the 11/2010 was a FES 04.1.01c (i.e.
> FES04101c) according to information that i got from Brocade support.
>
> Thanks!
_______________________________________________
foundry-nsp mailing list
foundry-nsp [at] puck
http://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/foundry-nsp


lausgans at gmail

Feb 12, 2013, 3:42 AM

Post #10 of 10 (1615 views)
Permalink
Re: Seeking firmware for Foundry / Brocade FES2402 switch [In reply to]

End of request. Thanks to the man who was able to help me :)

2013/2/11 Held Bier <lausgans [at] gmail>:
> Hello.
> I'm interested in subject again. Currently running r04.1.01d, would be
> like to get fresher one, presumably r04.1.01f.
_______________________________________________
foundry-nsp mailing list
foundry-nsp [at] puck
http://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/foundry-nsp

nsp foundry RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded
 
 


Interested in having your list archived? Contact Gossamer Threads
 
  Web Applications & Managed Hosting Powered by Gossamer Threads Inc.