Mailing List Archive: nsp: foundry

"Life of a Packet" in NetIron Series Diagram?

nsp foundry RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

bdflemin at gmail

Nov 29, 2010, 8:31 AM

"Life of a Packet" in NetIron Series Diagram?

Does anyone have a "Life of a Packet" diagram or document for traffic
flowing through the NetIron XMR/MLX series gear? I'd like something
that shows processing order of different pieces of the hardware and
software in a format that can be distributed to Tier 2 and Tier 3
admins & engineers.

I haven't found anything on Brocade's website but didn't know if
anyone had seen similar in the wild. The closest thing is the Klos
switching architecture document but it doesn't include actual order of
operations.

Thanks in advance for any insights or assistance!

-brad

hidden at xmission

Nov 29, 2010, 8:46 AM

Re: "Life of a Packet" in NetIron Series Diagram? [In reply to]

https://www.gosavo.com/brocade/Search/Search.aspx?criteria=xmr+mlx+training

"Training I" has a bunch of packet flow diagrams & information.

-Jared Valentine
Systems Engineer
Brocade
jvalenti [at] brocade
801-208-5459 (o)

Does anyone have a "Life of a Packet" diagram or document for traffic
flowing through the NetIron XMR/MLX series gear? I'd like something
that shows processing order of different pieces of the hardware and
software in a format that can be distributed to Tier 2 and Tier 3
admins & engineers.

I haven't found anything on Brocade's website but didn't know if
anyone had seen similar in the wild. The closest thing is the Klos
switching architecture document but it doesn't include actual order of
operations.

Thanks in advance for any insights or assistance!

-brad

hidden at xmission

Nov 29, 2010, 8:48 AM

Re: "Life of a Packet" in NetIron Series Diagram? [In reply to]

Hah... sorry, that's an Internal site. Work with your local
Brocade/Foundry SE to see if you can get that information.

-Jared

Does anyone have a "Life of a Packet" diagram or document for traffic
flowing through the NetIron XMR/MLX series gear? I'd like something
that shows processing order of different pieces of the hardware and
software in a format that can be distributed to Tier 2 and Tier 3
admins & engineers.

I haven't found anything on Brocade's website but didn't know if
anyone had seen similar in the wild. The closest thing is the Klos
switching architecture document but it doesn't include actual order of
operations.

Thanks in advance for any insights or assistance!

-brad

bdflemin at gmail

Nov 29, 2010, 9:29 AM

Re: "Life of a Packet" in NetIron Series Diagram? [In reply to]

Will do. Thanks for the heads up!

-brad