Mailing List Archive: nsp: foundry

CES/CER 2000 and VRRP

nsp foundry RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

jchome at jc-ix

Sep 3, 2010, 2:30 AM

CES/CER 2000 and VRRP

Hey,

I just looked through my docs and they are saying that VRRP is not
supported by the CER/CES 2000 systems. Can someone please say it's not
true and my docs are just too old? :)

Best regards,
Frederic Jaeckel

lee.pedder at gmail

Sep 3, 2010, 3:27 AM

Re: CES/CER 2000 and VRRP [In reply to]

Hi Frederic,

The release notes I have for 4.1.00d say that VRRP and VRRPE are both
supported on the CER / CES right the way through from BASE to PREM.

Regards,
Lee

On 3 September 2010 11:30, Frederic Jaeckel <jchome [at] jc-ix> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I just looked through my docs and they are saying that VRRP is not
> supported by the CER/CES 2000 systems. Can someone please say it's not
> true and my docs are just too old? :)
>
> Best regards,
> Frederic Jaeckel

Neil.Robst at ioko

Sep 3, 2010, 4:32 AM

Re: CES/CER 2000 and VRRP [In reply to]

Yeah - seems to be working fine on my CES2024's running v5 :-)

System: NetIron CES (Serial #: xxxxxxxxx, Part #: 35701-002A)
License: L3_PREM (LID: XXXXXXXXX)
Boot : Version 5.0.0T185 Copyright (c) 1996-2009 Brocade Communications Systems, Inc.

#sh ip vrrp-extended brief

Total number of VRRP-Extended routers defined: 1

Inte- VRID Current P State Master IP Backup IP Virtual IP Short-
rface Priority Address Address Address Path-Fwd
v10 66 120 P Master Local xx.xx.xx.35 xx.xx.xx.46

Regards,
Neil