Mailing List Archive: nsp: foundry

ip (ve) limit on serveriron adx

nsp foundry RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

ddx at a2000

ip (ve) limit on serveriron adx

We are looking at the ServerIron ADX 1000 to replace our ServerIron 4G
With our old serveriron 4g's we discovered a limit of maximum 64 ip/ve's
Can someone tell me if this is still the limit with the ServerIron ADX ?

I can't find any information about this on the brocade website.

And can someone tell me what benefits I'll get if i buy a adx with 4
appcores instead of 2 ? (increased limits/performance?)

Stephan

foundry at high5

Re: ip (ve) limit on serveriron adx [In reply to]

Hi Stephan,

Currently the VE limit on the ADX is the same, however there are plans to increase these in the future. There is headroom.
In regards to the appcores. 4 cores will give you double the performance across the board. L4, L7 sessions and throughput.

Mischa

On Apr 7, 2010, at 13:44 , Stephan van Hienen wrote:

> We are looking at the ServerIron ADX 1000 to replace our ServerIron 4G
> With our old serveriron 4g's we discovered a limit of maximum 64 ip/ve's
> Can someone tell me if this is still the limit with the ServerIron ADX ?
>
> I can't find any information about this on the brocade website.
>
> And can someone tell me what benefits I'll get if i buy a adx with 4 appcores instead of 2 ? (increased limits/performance?)
>
> Stephan

ddx at a2000

Re: ip (ve) limit on serveriron adx [In reply to]

Mischa,

Any info on these plans ?

Our Serveriron 4G's are 100% full at the moment (64ips) and are 3 years
old in augustus.
Since we need some extra room in the future we are looking for a solution.

Would have been nice if the ADX had more space.
But we can't buy something based on there are plans to increase.

Other option would be to renew the support on the 4G's and buy fastirons.
(any hints on which fastiron then, there are about 10 series listed on the
brocade homepage)

Stephan