Login | Register For Free | Help
Search for: (Advanced)

Mailing List Archive: nsp: force10

Force 10 S50N SFTOS 2.2 -> 2.5 upgrade

 

 

nsp force10 RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded


kiwi at oav

Jun 4, 2010, 2:16 AM

Post #1 of 4 (3789 views)
Permalink
Force 10 S50N SFTOS 2.2 -> 2.5 upgrade

Hi there,

I have a couple of S50N but it seems to not like SFTOS upgrade to 2.5.2 (I am currently on 2.2.x)... What is the best way to do that ?

I have only the file SFTOS-S50-2.5.2.2.bin and when doing tftp download, the switch says that OS is not good for it.... ? :(

Any hints?
Xavier
_______________________________________________
force10-nsp mailing list
force10-nsp [at] puck
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/force10-nsp


niels=force10-nsp at bakker

Jun 4, 2010, 7:50 AM

Post #2 of 4 (3591 views)
Permalink
Re: Force 10 S50N SFTOS 2.2 -> 2.5 upgrade [In reply to]

* kiwi [at] oav (Xavier Beaudouin) [Fri 04 Jun 2010, 11:47 CEST]:
>I have a couple of S50N but it seems to not like SFTOS upgrade to
>2.5.2 (I am currently on 2.2.x)... What is the best way to do that?

Are you sure? Judging from SFTOS release notes, the S50N has been
supported starting with 2.5.2.2.


>I have only the file SFTOS-S50-2.5.2.2.bin and when doing tftp
>download, the switch says that OS is not good for it.... ? :(

Are you sure the file isn't corrupt? Its MD5 checksum should be
ad8ad8ddcf28d057daa2f198f69f5084.


-- Niels.

--
_______________________________________________
force10-nsp mailing list
force10-nsp [at] puck
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/force10-nsp


kiwi at oav

Jun 7, 2010, 1:22 AM

Post #3 of 4 (3638 views)
Permalink
Re: Force 10 S50N SFTOS 2.2 -> 2.5 upgrade [In reply to]

Hi
Le 4 juin 2010 à 16:50, Niels Bakker a écrit :

> * kiwi [at] oav (Xavier Beaudouin) [Fri 04 Jun 2010, 11:47 CEST]:
>> I have a couple of S50N but it seems to not like SFTOS upgrade to 2.5.2 (I am currently on 2.2.x)... What is the best way to do that?
>
> Are you sure? Judging from SFTOS release notes, the S50N has been supported starting with 2.5.2.2.

I'm a quite new to Force10, so I maybe did some error somewhere :

System Description............................. Force10 S50
Vendor ID...................................... 07
Plant ID....................................... 01
Country Code................................... 04
Date Code...................................... 082005
Serial Number.................................. DE4533052
Part Number.................................... 759-00001-00
Revision....................................... 0A
Catalog Number................................. SA-01-GE-48T
Burned In MAC Address.......................... 0001.E8D5.A87C
Software Version............................... 2.2.1

Additional Packages............................ Force10 QOS
Force10 Stacking

10/100 Ethernet/802.3 interface(s)............. 0
Gig Ethernet/802.3 interface(s)................ 1
10Gig Ethernet/802.3 interface(s).............. 0
Virtual Ethernet/802.3 interface(s)............ 0
System Name....................................

>> I have only the file SFTOS-S50-2.5.2.2.bin and when doing tftp download, the switch says that OS is not good for it.... ? :(
>
> Are you sure the file isn't corrupt? Its MD5 checksum should be ad8ad8ddcf28d057daa2f198f69f5084.

I get this MD5 checksum also...

So maybe I didn't use the right Firmware :(

/Xavier



_______________________________________________
force10-nsp mailing list
force10-nsp [at] puck
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/force10-nsp


niels=force10-nsp at bakker

Jun 7, 2010, 1:43 AM

Post #4 of 4 (3600 views)
Permalink
Re: Force 10 S50N SFTOS 2.2 -> 2.5 upgrade [In reply to]

* kiwi [at] oav (Xavier Beaudouin) [Mon 07 Jun 2010, 10:22 CEST]:
>Le 4 juin 2010 à 16:50, Niels Bakker a écrit :
>> * kiwi [at] oav (Xavier Beaudouin) [Fri 04 Jun 2010, 11:47 CEST]:
>>>I have a couple of S50N but it seems to not like SFTOS upgrade
>>>to 2.5.2 (I am currently on 2.2.x)... What is the best way to do
>>>that?
>>
>>Are you sure? Judging from SFTOS release notes, the S50N has been
>>supported starting with 2.5.2.2.
>
>I'm a quite new to Force10, so I maybe did some error somewhere :
>
>System Description............................. Force10 S50

You have an S50, not an S50N. Use the -SA- not the -S50- image.


-- Niels.

--
_______________________________________________
force10-nsp mailing list
force10-nsp [at] puck
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/force10-nsp

nsp force10 RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded
 
 


Interested in having your list archived? Contact Gossamer Threads
 
  Web Applications & Managed Hosting Powered by Gossamer Threads Inc.