Login | Register For Free | Help
Search for: (Advanced)

Mailing List Archive: nsp: force10

A couple of Force 10 questions.

 

 

nsp force10 RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded


keith at pando

Mar 14, 2007, 11:48 AM

Post #1 of 9 (7572 views)
Permalink
A couple of Force 10 questions.

1) Has anyone upgraded to the latest release of FTOS 7.4.1.0? Any known
issues? How is the sflow upgrade?

I love the resequence command for ACLs, this is going to save me a ton
of time on redoing our ACLS.

2) Does anyone actually buy the flash cards for the router's from Force
10 or do you use 3rd party vendors and if so, can you give me a make and
model.

Thanks

Keith


aaron.glenn at gmail

Mar 14, 2007, 2:22 PM

Post #2 of 9 (7268 views)
Permalink
A couple of Force 10 questions. [In reply to]

On 3/14/07, Keith <keith at pando.com> wrote:
> 1) Has anyone upgraded to the latest release of FTOS 7.4.1.0? Any known
> issues? How is the sflow upgrade?

I can't speak to FTOS 7.4 just yet, but having played with some
pre-release extended_gateway test data, I can say the "Phase II" sFlow
upgrade is awesome (-:

aaron.glenn


david at davidrodgers

Mar 14, 2007, 2:25 PM

Post #3 of 9 (7270 views)
Permalink
A couple of Force 10 questions. [In reply to]

I've upgraded a couple of switches to the 7.4.1 code. It appears to
be very stable and I'm looking forward to (in theory)
being able to do a hitless upgrade.


David
On Mar 14, 2007, at 2:48 PM, Keith wrote:

> 1) Has anyone upgraded to the latest release of FTOS 7.4.1.0? Any
> known
> issues? How is the sflow upgrade?
>
> I love the resequence command for ACLs, this is going to save me a ton
> of time on redoing our ACLS.
>
> 2) Does anyone actually buy the flash cards for the router's from
> Force
> 10 or do you use 3rd party vendors and if so, can you give me a
> make and
> model.
>
> Thanks
>
> Keith
> _______________________________________________
> force10-nsp mailing list
> force10-nsp at puck.nether.net
> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/force10-nsp


keith at pando

Mar 14, 2007, 2:32 PM

Post #4 of 9 (7262 views)
Permalink
A couple of Force 10 questions. [In reply to]

Phase II sFlow is key for me. Are you using ntop or did you go with
Inmon's Traffic manager?



Aaron Glenn wrote:
> On 3/14/07, Keith <keith at pando.com> wrote:
>> 1) Has anyone upgraded to the latest release of FTOS 7.4.1.0? Any known
>> issues? How is the sflow upgrade?
>
> I can't speak to FTOS 7.4 just yet, but having played with some
> pre-release extended_gateway test data, I can say the "Phase II" sFlow
> upgrade is awesome (-:
>
> aaron.glenn


aaron.glenn at gmail

Mar 14, 2007, 6:25 PM

Post #5 of 9 (7266 views)
Permalink
A couple of Force 10 questions. [In reply to]

On 3/14/07, Keith <keith at pando.com> wrote:
> Phase II sFlow is key for me. Are you using ntop or did you go with
> Inmon's Traffic manager?

yuck - neither. a tricked out pmacct* build with a hearty serving of
custom python scripts.


*www.pmacct.net


aaron.glenn at gmail

Mar 14, 2007, 6:26 PM

Post #6 of 9 (7255 views)
Permalink
A couple of Force 10 questions. [In reply to]

On 3/14/07, Shane Foster <sfoster at zillow.com> wrote:
> Does it have AS number in it?
> We're using the inmon stuff to convert sflow to netflow, and all AS
> fields are currently showing as null.
>
> Thanks,
> Shane

yes, it has a full AS Path, in addition to other neat goodies.
to which version of netflow is the inmon converting?


jrhett at svcolo

Mar 15, 2007, 10:19 AM

Post #7 of 9 (7264 views)
Permalink
A couple of Force 10 questions. [In reply to]

On Mar 14, 2007, at 12:48 PM, Keith wrote:
> 1) Has anyone upgraded to the latest release of FTOS 7.4.1.0? Any
> known
> issues?

We started with it, since too many useful things were missing from
6.x. The switch came with 6.x so we upgraded -- painless. I've
found a few documentation issues so far, but nothing serious.

> How is the sflow upgrade?

Sorry, not using sflow yet.

--
Jo Rhett
senior geek

Silicon Valley Colocation
Support Phone: 408-400-0550


jrhett at svcolo

Mar 15, 2007, 10:20 AM

Post #8 of 9 (7262 views)
Permalink
A couple of Force 10 questions. [In reply to]

On Mar 14, 2007, at 3:25 PM, David Rodgers wrote:
> I've upgraded a couple of switches to the 7.4.1 code. It appears to
> be very stable and I'm looking forward to (in theory)
> being able to do a hitless upgrade.

You do realize that you can't upgrade *to* v7 hitless, right? It
sounds like you mean "the next upgrade" but I wanted to make sure...

--
Jo Rhett
senior geek

Silicon Valley Colocation
Support Phone: 408-400-0550


david at davidrodgers

Mar 15, 2007, 11:37 AM

Post #9 of 9 (7268 views)
Permalink
A couple of Force 10 questions. [In reply to]

Correct.

On Mar 15, 2007, at 1:20 PM, Jo Rhett wrote:

> On Mar 14, 2007, at 3:25 PM, David Rodgers wrote:
>> I've upgraded a couple of switches to the 7.4.1 code. It appears to
>> be very stable and I'm looking forward to (in theory)
>> being able to do a hitless upgrade.
>
> You do realize that you can't upgrade *to* v7 hitless, right? It
> sounds like you mean "the next upgrade" but I wanted to make sure...
>
> --
> Jo Rhett
> senior geek
>
> Silicon Valley Colocation
> Support Phone: 408-400-0550
>
>
>
>

nsp force10 RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded
 
 


Interested in having your list archived? Contact Gossamer Threads
 
  Web Applications & Managed Hosting Powered by Gossamer Threads Inc.