Mailing List Archive: nsp: extreme

Support for Multiple VLAN Registration Protocol (MVRP) or GARP VLAN Registration Protocol (GVRP) in Extreme Switches?

nsp extreme RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

ripprapp at hotmail

Mar 30, 2012, 6:43 AM

Support for Multiple VLAN Registration Protocol (MVRP) or GARP VLAN Registration Protocol (GVRP) in Extreme Switches?

Hi,
I wonder if Extreme support Multiple VLAN Registration Protocol (MVRP)?

In older documentation I found support for GARP VLAN Registration Protocol (GVRP) but is it still there? I can't find any commands for it.

I was thinking of using it to distribute my VLANs from our Core network to the Edge switches.
This to avoid mismatches when typing VLAN names and VLAN tags.

In Juniper EX switches it looks like this:
http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos11.3/topics/concept/bridging-mvrp-ex-series.html

Here is the Wikipedia page about MVRP:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiple_Registration_Protocol

BR
/// Fredrik

nsp extreme RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded