Mailing List Archive: nsp: extreme
X650, LAG, LACP and stack

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

support at metrooptic

Mar 26, 2012, 11:15 AM

X650, LAG, LACP and stack

Hi,

We're working on a X650 setup and after checking everything around,
no one is able to confirm that you can create a LAG than span switches
in a stack.

ie:

2 X650 stacked:

enable sharing 1:9 grouping 1:9-1:12, 2:7-2:10

Our last experience was with BD6808's and took an upgrade to MSM-3
to be able to do it and only for LAG using LACP, LAG using
round-robin(*) and other types was not working across blades.

* round-robin seems to be gone from XOS except for the 20xxx devices.

PS:

If anyone knows of any "undocumented" features that may render the
devices "not useful" for 802.1ad / 802.1ah, EAPS or LAG.

Let us know =D

-----
Alain Hebert MetroOptic, Inc. support [at] metrooptic
1080 Beaver Hall, Suite 1620, Montreal, Quebec H2Z 1S5
Tel: 514-990-5775 http://www.metrooptic.com Support: 514-573-6111