Mailing List Archive: nsp: extreme

Summit1i/5i firmware & Summit5i Full Layer 3 question

nsp extreme RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

lausgans at gmail

Nov 5, 2011, 10:51 AM

Summit1i/5i firmware & Summit5i Full Layer 3 question

Hello, dear list.

I'm planning to catch an old EOL'd Summit5i switch for hobbyist needs.
I'm very interesting in getting the latest available ExtremeWare
firmware for, and besides a way to get it running in Full Layer 3 mode.
So questions and asks follows:
1) I will very kind if anybody will share the latest ExtremeWare for it
with me;
2) Is it possible to get it running Full Layer 3 mode (i.e. BGP4 and so
on) WITHOUT obtaining a license (11510)?;
3) Summit1i has in twice fewer ports but provides Full Layer 3 out of
a box, so maybe it will be better deal?

P.S.: If i want to get latest ExtremeWare in legal way, should i buy or
have an existing contract like with Foundry equipment?
Thanks much.

lausgans at gmail

Nov 8, 2011, 12:24 PM

Re: Summit1i/5i firmware & Summit5i Full Layer 3 question [In reply to]

Thank you much everyone, who responsed on my ask, some kind man
resolved my request.
The only thing that still interests me is what was the last ExtremeWare
release with supporting of vintage Summit1 (not "i" one) switch.
It has just 32 Mb of RAM, and from notes it looks like it's support was
dropped somewhile after 7.1 release.
Maybe it will be better if i'll ask Extreme support about it.

05.11.2011 21:51, lausgans [at] gmail пишет:
> Hello, dear list.
>
> I'm planning to catch an old EOL'd Summit5i switch for hobbyist needs.
> I'm very interesting in getting the latest available ExtremeWare
> firmware for, and besides a way to get it running in Full Layer 3 mode.
> So questions and asks follows:
> 1) I will very kind if anybody will share the latest ExtremeWare for it
> with me;
> 2) Is it possible to get it running Full Layer 3 mode (i.e. BGP4 and so
> on) WITHOUT obtaining a license (11510)?;
> 3) Summit1i has in twice fewer ports but provides Full Layer 3 out of
> a box, so maybe it will be better deal?
>
> P.S.: If i want to get latest ExtremeWare in legal way, should i buy or
> have an existing contract like with Foundry equipment?
> Thanks much.

lausgans at gmail

Dec 15, 2011, 7:34 AM

Re: Summit1i/5i firmware & Summit5i Full Layer 3 question [In reply to]

> The only thing that still interests me is what was the last
ExtremeWare
> release with supporting of vintage Summit1 (not "i" one) switch.
> It has just 32 Mb of RAM, and from notes it looks like it's support
was
> dropped somewhile after 7.1 release.
> Maybe it will be better if i'll ask Extreme support about it.

End of question. See http://ethernation.net/Default.aspx?tabid=84&forumid=4&threadid=1296&scope=posts
for info.

lausgans at gmail

Feb 10, 2013, 8:50 PM

Re: Summit1i/5i firmware & Summit5i Full Layer 3 question [In reply to]

Hello, list.
New request :) I'm searching some Extreme historian, who can share
"ExtremeWare IPv6" software with me. I know it was experimental, buggy
and unstable, but i suppose that it's all i can run on old extreme
switches for toying with ipv6.

Here is prod info:
https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=http://people.via.ecp.fr/~diff/Extreme/ExtremeWare%20-%20IPv6%20Release%20Note.pdf
And talks: https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/extreme-networks/Nw_tyzFBn4I