Mailing List Archive: nsp: extreme

Password recovery for Extreme 400-24p switch

nsp extreme RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

hamidahmed77 at yahoo

Aug 27, 2007, 3:52 AM

Password recovery for Extreme 400-24p switch

Hi,

Does anybody know how to recover password for extreme summit 400-24p switch please?

regards,
HA.

---------------------------------
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

copse at xy

Aug 27, 2007, 7:56 AM

Password recovery for Extreme 400-24p switch [In reply to]

Hi

You need to reset the config via the bootrom menu.
To access bootrom reboot the switch and press the space bar before the
switch load the image.

In XOS you can configure a backdoor/failsafe account. But I'm
pretty sure that?s not available in EW.

/Roger

On Mon, 27 Aug 2007, Hamid Ahmed wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does anybody know how to recover password for extreme summit 400-24p switch please?
>
> regards,
> HA.
>

> ---------------------------------
> Shape Yahoo! in your own image. Join our Network Research Panel today!

Stephane.Grosjean at telindus

Aug 27, 2007, 10:26 AM

Password recovery for Extreme 400-24p switch [In reply to]

Hi,

If you don't mind to lose the switch's configuration, enter bootrom at the boot up (keep space bar depressed while you reboot), and restore the default config in the menu (type "h" for help at the prompt).

Regards,

Stephane.

>Hi,
>
> Does anybody know how to recover password for extreme summit 400-24p >switch please?
>
> regards,
> HA.

hamidahmed77 at yahoo

Aug 31, 2007, 10:53 PM

Password recovery for Extreme 400-24p switch [In reply to]

Hi all,

Well the switch shows the following at CLI. CAn anyone suggest what can be done inhouse to repair it? Or it needs an RMA?

* Summit48si:5 # exit
login: admin
password:

ExtremeWare
Copyright (C) 1996-2005 Extreme Networks. All rights reserved.
Protected by U.S Patent Nos 6,678,248; 6,104,700; 6,766,482; 6,618,388; 6,034,95
7; 6,859,438; 6,912,592; 6,914,905
==================================
Press the <tab> key at any time for completions.

*** CONFIGURATION READ FAILURE HAS BEEN DETECTED IN THE SYSTEM ***

regards,
HA.

St?phane Grosjean <Stephane.Grosjean at telindus.fr> wrote:
Hi,

If you don't mind to lose the switch's configuration, enter bootrom at the boot up (keep space bar depressed while you reboot), and restore the default config in the menu (type "h" for help at the prompt).

Regards,

Stephane.

>Hi,
>
> Does anybody know how to recover password for extreme summit 400-24p >switch please?
>
> regards,
> HA.

Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Stephane.Grosjean at telindus

Sep 3, 2007, 2:20 AM

Re : Password recovery for Extreme 400-24p switch [In reply to]

Hello,

Did you try to do an "unconf switch all" (you reset it to default config), then reconfigure your switch?

Run also an extended diag.