Mailing List Archive: nsp: extreme

building an EAPS ring on both Extremeware and XOS

nsp extreme RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

teun at moonblade

Jul 9, 2007, 2:21 AM

building an EAPS ring on both Extremeware and XOS

Hi all,

I'm currently running several EAPS rings on 5 Alpine 3804's running
Extremeware 7.3.2.3. We're going to replace these 3804's with new Summit
x450's running XOS 12.x and I'm looking for a way to do this migration
smoothly.

Since we can't do a big bang scenario in which we replace all Alpines
with Summits, I'm looking at a way to add the Summits to current
topology so I can replace the old switches one by one.

What I'm especially interested in is if anyone here has any experiences
in running EAPS on a mix of Extremeware and XOS.

Regards,

Teun

mike at linx

Jul 9, 2007, 3:13 AM

building an EAPS ring on both Extremeware and XOS [In reply to]

--On 09 July 2007 12:21 +0200 Teun Vink <teun at moonblade.net> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm currently running several EAPS rings on 5 Alpine 3804's running
> Extremeware 7.3.2.3. We're going to replace these 3804's with new Summit
> x450's running XOS 12.x and I'm looking for a way to do this migration
> smoothly.
>
> Since we can't do a big bang scenario in which we replace all Alpines
> with Summits, I'm looking at a way to add the Summits to current
> topology so I can replace the old switches one by one.
>
> What I'm especially interested in is if anyone here has any experiences
> in running EAPS on a mix of Extremeware and XOS.

Yep, works fine. No issues experienced.

Did this during a transition between BD6800 and BD8800s.

--
Mike Hughes Chief Technical Officer London Internet Exchange
mike at linx.net http://www.linx.net/

nsp extreme RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded