hitech.recruit at gmail
Oct 19, 2005, 8:11 PM
Post #1 of 1
[Job] Network Engineer - San Jose, CA
We have the following full-time permanent job opening with a client at their
San Jose, CA location. If interested, I'd be more than happy to give you
further details. You can submit your resume or further enquire to
hitech.recruit at gmail.com.
The Network and Security Engineer is responsible for contributing to the
design of the data center networks, and implementing network solutions for
customers within our facilities. Remotely configure and maintain network
equipment such as routers, switches, load balancers, firewalls and VPN
Concentrators. You must have at least 5 years experience with Network and
Security Engineering, preferably in a large Internet Data Center
environment. Experience with designing and implementing large-scale
networks, network routing, switches, and internet-related networking and
security technologies are required for this Senior Network and Security
In this position you will perform network and host-based security and risk
assessments, design and implement security-related improvements/enhancements
to customer and internal networks and work with network and systems
engineers in implementing security infrastructure components.
You will be part of a team that implements Internet Commerce sites,
provisions VPNs, develops intrusion detection and firewall management
architectures. BS in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems
preferred plus 5 years of hands-on experience in designing and implementing
security policies and infrastructure in an Internet data center environment.
Position Requirements for this Senior Network and Security Engineer
* Experience with networking equipment such as high end Cisco Routers and
switches, Juniper Routers, particularly in a fully meshed, fault-tolerant
* Gigabit Ethernet environment. Experience with OSPF and HSRP is required.
* Experience with BGP, ISIS, EIGRP, Radius, Tacacs+ and SNMP would be a
* Strong experience in network and systems security, with not only a key
understanding of overall concepts, but also the ability to implement
* Processes and develop solutions to network and security problems.
* Experience administering and deploying network firewalls, such as
Netscreen, Checkpoint, Nokia, Cisco Pix and Cisco ACLs.
* Experience administering and deploying network load balancers, such as
Alteon, Cisco CSS11xxx, Foundry, F5 BigIP, and Netscaler.
* Ability to document processes, procedures and network designs clearly and
accurately -- not only within our group to share the knowledge and
understanding of our own systems, but also for distribution to other
internal teams and to our customers.
* Understanding of Public Key Infrastructure and encryption.
* Exposure to some of the following tools: Snort, Nessus, nmap, ntop,
NA/Sniffer Pro, snoop, tcpdump, ethereal and other Open Source tools.
* Participation in on-call rotation and dedication to detailed documentation
* Experience with designing and implementing large-scale networks, network
routing, switches and internet-related networking and security technologies.
* BS in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems preferred plus 5
years of hands-on experience in designing and implementing security policies
and infrastructure in a multi-customer ISP Data Center environment.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...