Mailing List Archive: nsp: extreme

ZX GBIC for Summit 48si

nsp extreme RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

jeekay at gmail

Jul 25, 2005, 9:39 AM

ZX GBIC for Summit 48si

Does anyone have any experience with putting ZX GBICs into Summit 48si
switches? The Extreme website explicitely says SX and LX are
supported, but no word on ZX.

If anyone has had luck with these, what make/model did you use?

Thanks in advance,
Ras

swmike at swm

Jul 25, 2005, 9:58 AM

ZX GBIC for Summit 48si [In reply to]

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005, Jee Kay wrote:

> Does anyone have any experience with putting ZX GBICs into Summit 48si
> switches? The Extreme website explicitely says SX and LX are
> supported, but no word on ZX.

Well, you cannot put GBICs into a 48si anyway, but SFPs work well.

> If anyone has had luck with these, what make/model did you use?

We purchased coded LX70/ZXs manufactured by a company called APAC and they
have worked well so far.

Extreme sells ZX SFPs, if you ask them I'd bet they would say that they're
supported in the 48si, I'd be much surprised if they said anything else.

Mikael Abrahamsson email: swmike at swm.pp.se

nsp extreme RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded