Mailing List Archive: Netapp: toasters

Data Ontap NFS and "no root squash"

Netapp toasters RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

G.Milazzo at sinergy

Nov 15, 2007, 9:27 AM

Data Ontap NFS and "no root squash"

Hi all

A customer using Linux is asking me how to have an export from a NetApp
volume with option "no root squash".

I've looked for it on NOW site with no luck

The only thing I normally do is to export with anon id=0, rw to some
hosts and root to others...

Help

Thanks in advance

dleeds at edmunds

Nov 15, 2007, 10:40 AM

RE: Data Ontap NFS and "no root squash" [In reply to]

export option

root= will allow root to read/write to that nfs mount

ie

/vol/myvol -sec=sys,rw=myhost,root=myhost

--
Daniel Leeds
Manager, Storage Operations

310-309-4999 desk
310-430-0536 cell

A customer using Linux is asking me how to have an export from a NetApp volume with option "no root squash".

I've looked for it on NOW site with no luck

The only thing I normally do is to export with anon id=0, rw to some hosts and root to others.

Help

Thanks in advance

Peter.Learmonth at netapp

Nov 15, 2007, 6:47 PM

RE: Data Ontap NFS and "no root squash" [In reply to]

Either one will work. anon=0 means anybody who is root on any client
with rw access. root= is more specific.

Peter