Mailing List Archive: Netapp: toasters

Disk Firmware upgrade

Netapp toasters RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

klau.ruan at gmail

Feb 15, 2006, 1:51 AM

Disk Firmware upgrade

Hi,

I'm looking for help with F760 and Ontap 6.5.6. Does anyone have problem
experience using "disk_fw_update" without enable cf (cluster). How can i
upgrade the dis firmware without enable cluster?

The error:

filer4*> disk_fw_update

Are you sure you want to continue with firmware update? yes

(You can ignore disk error messages for disks being updated until this
update completes)
Cluster interconnect not available (cf disabled?). Unable to download
firmware.

-Klau

philip.boyle at eircom

Feb 15, 2006, 3:18 AM

Re: Disk Firmware upgrade [In reply to]

Hi Klau,

If the filer is no longer part of a cluster you could use the below Netapp
Knowledge base suggestion:

http://now.netapp.com/Knowledgebase/solutionarea.asp?id=ntapcs9102

If the filer is still part of a cluster and you just don't want to update
*all* disks in the cluster you could enable the cluster and just update
the single disk.

cf enable
disk_fw_update 'disk_id'

Regards,
Philip

--

------------------
Philip Boyle

philip.boyle [at] eircom
tel: +353 1 701 0921
mob: +353 87 634 9119

georgea at anz

Feb 15, 2006, 2:57 PM

RE: Disk Firmware upgrade [In reply to]

Other things to think of
Don't just do the lot - we've actually went to the point of doing 1 disk
at a time or at worst 1 disk per raid group due to disk lockups in
6.5.2r1

--

------------------
Philip Boyle

philip.boyle [at] eircom
tel: +353 1 701 0921
mob: +353 87 634 9119

klau.ruan at gmail

Feb 15, 2006, 8:11 PM

Re: Disk Firmware upgrade [In reply to]

Hi Philip,

Ok thanks, it suggestion was solved the problem.

-klau