Mailing List Archive: Netapp: toasters

where to purchase replacement parts

Netapp toasters RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

dfinn at studentadvantage

Jul 30, 2003, 10:43 AM

where to purchase replacement parts

Aside from Netapp themselves and ebay does anyone have any vendors they
can recommend to purchase new replacement parts for my F740 and F760. All
I really need is disks.

Thanks
Dan

geoff.hardin at dalsemi

Jul 30, 2003, 11:39 AM

Re: where to purchase replacement parts [In reply to]

Talk to Scott at Union Computer Exchange. We buy our disks from him; he's
usually got the best prices, and he provides the best warranty and service. You
can even buy used filers with transferable licenses. He also sells on eBay, so
you can check out his inventory there as well.

Union Computer Exchange
1-952-935-7282
http://www.unioncomputer.com/
Scott Fischmann
- 6233 Idylwood Ln, Edina, MN 55436
- Direct: 952-935-7282
- Fax: 952-935-5056
- E-mail: scott [at] unioncomputer

Dan Finn wrote:
> Aside from Netapp themselves and ebay does anyone have any vendors they
> can recommend to purchase new replacement parts for my F740 and F760. All
> I really need is disks.
>
> Thanks
> Dan

Geoff Hardin
geoff.hardin [at] dalsemi

The downside to being better than everyone else is that people tend to assume
you're pretentious. - Despair, Inc.

iso9 at jwiz

Jul 30, 2003, 1:21 PM

RE: where to purchase replacement parts [In reply to]

I would also recommend Scott at Union Computer Exchange.

Jordan

peter at hungry

Jul 31, 2003, 1:06 PM

Re: where to purchase replacement parts [In reply to]

On Wed, Jul 30, 2003 at 01:43:54PM -0400, Dan Finn wrote:
> Aside from Netapp themselves and ebay does anyone have any vendors they
> can recommend to purchase new replacement parts for my F740 and F760. All
> I really need is disks.

I contacted Union Computer Exchange regarding replacement disks in a 740 and 760 and never did get an email reply from them.

A friend pointed me over to the folks at Berkeley Communications, who turned out to be nice, easy to work with, and fast to ship. The packing and shipping of the drives was good, and none of them have failed or caused me any trouble. I'd tell anyone else I know to talk with them.

http://www.berkcom.com/
http://store.berkcom.com/

HTH,

Peter

Netapp toasters RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded