Mailing List Archive: Netapp: toasters

DFM/OC5 database

Netapp toasters RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

s.eno at me

Aug 13, 2012, 3:04 PM

DFM/OC5 database

Hi,

Anyone know if it is possible, or will ever be possible, to use an Oracle database, or even MSSQL, for DFM/OC5? With our dependency on on it now for provisioning & protection I'd sure sleep better if I knew this thing was HA. Seems odd that SMO uses an Oracle DB to keep track of it's business, but DFM can't/doesn't.

---
Scott Eno

s.eno at me

Aug 13, 2012, 5:09 PM

Re: DFM/OC5 database [In reply to]

Thanks for the response Pete. Are there any optimizations, best practices, scheduled maintenance I can do to make sure the DFM database is operating optimally? Is there performance differences between Windows Server or Linux?

---
Scott Eno