Mailing List Archive: Netapp: toasters

Do I need a flexclone license?

Netapp toasters RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

G.Milazzo at sinergy

Do I need a flexclone license?

Hi all,

I ask this to field for I'm receiving not always clear answers.
The environment is this: Oracle RAC and ASM with backups managed by SMO in SAN FC storage.
If I would mount a snap to have a rewritable image do I need the FlexClone license too?
If I would clone a snap do I need FlexClone?

Regards

klises at sutterhealth

Re: Do I need a flexclone license? [In reply to]

IIRC: If the data is in luns - you can use lun clone / lun split with out flex clone license. I think it is included in FC license

Jack