Mailing List Archive: Netapp: toasters
fpolicy overhead

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

jkennedy at qualcomm

fpolicy overhead

Does anyone know what the overhead of fpolicy translates into? Specifically I'm looking at NTP QFS for external quota management (no file blocking).

Right now I can't test under load, just functional (minimal lab environment) but I'd like some idea of overhead before going too far down the path. For instance, if having fpolicy enabled for such a function will add 20%, I may as well stop now. But if it's 2% then everything's rosy.

As an aside, I'm also looking at the security audit and reporting product from Likewise, now EMC-Isilon. It also uses fpolicy and cifs auditing. I do not yet have this in the lab but any input on this would also be appreciated.

Jeff Kennedy
Qualcomm, Incorporated
QCT Engineering Compute