Mailing List Archive: Netapp: toasters

DNS server failover timeout.

Netapp toasters RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

jeff.cleverley at avagotech

Mar 12, 2012, 2:52 PM

DNS server failover timeout.

Greetings,

I can't find anything useful regarding DNS server entries in
resolv.conf. The main filers in question are 7.3.5.1P4.

We had the first DNS server in resolv.conf go down unexpectedly. The
filers did not timeout the first server and go to the secondary in a
timely manner. I was able to edit the resolv.conf files and rotate
the order to get things happy again. This leads me to 2 questions:

1. Is there an option to set the DNS lookup timeout so that it goes
to the next server in the list?

2. Does anyone know the default timeout before the filer goes to the
next server in the list?

Thanks,

Jeff

--