Mailing List Archive: Netapp: toasters
Re: Experience with Backup Software using NDMP

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

abs at blueskystudios

Mar 2, 2012, 9:46 AM

Re: Experience with Backup Software using NDMP [In reply to]

They all pretty much suck. Take a look at Oracle Secure Backup (used to be "Reliaty", and before that "QuickRestore"). Their support is pretty bad (like it's almost an orphaned product), but the pricing is really good. If you can tolerate their issues, they have a really well-designed piece of software, with very good NDMP support. We used them from 2003-2011. Now we use EMC/Legato NetWorker, which has great support, but is a crufty old system with a lot of idiosyncrasies.