Mailing List Archive: Nessus: users

Segmentation Faults

Nessus users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

christopheraashby at gmail

Oct 15, 2008, 11:34 AM

Segmentation Faults

I was just wondering if anyone else has encountered this error when
attempting to redirect the nessus client from a redhat ES4 server to a
windows host.

With Nessus 3.2.1 installed and properly running on a RedHat ES4
server, after issuing the display command, and then executing the
NessusClient i receive this error:

[1]+ Segmentation fault /opt/nessus/bin/NessusClient

any ideas? I have tried restarting the nessusd server, and my X
client app on XP. I have other application that utilize x windows and
they don't have any issues.

thanks
--
ashby

deraison-lists at nessus

Oct 15, 2008, 12:05 PM

Re: Segmentation Faults [In reply to]

Hi Chris,

Try to install the bitstream-vera-fonts or the bitmap-fonts packages
and try again.

On Oct 15, 2008, at 8:34 PM, christopher ashby wrote:

> I was just wondering if anyone else has encountered this error when
> attempting to redirect the nessus client from a redhat ES4 server to a
> windows host.
>
> With Nessus 3.2.1 installed and properly running on a RedHat ES4
> server, after issuing the display command, and then executing the
> NessusClient i receive this error:
>
> [1]+ Segmentation fault /opt/nessus/bin/NessusClient
>
> any ideas? I have tried restarting the nessusd server, and my X
> client app on XP. I have other application that utilize x windows and
> they don't have any issues.
>
> thanks
> --
> ashby

cashby at reserveamerica

Oct 15, 2008, 12:10 PM

RE: Segmentation Faults [In reply to]

They are already installed:

Package bitmap-fonts - 0.3-5.1.1.noarch is already installed.
Package bitstream-vera-fonts - 1.10-7.noarch is already installed.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks-
Chris

Try to install the bitstream-vera-fonts or the bitmap-fonts packages
and try again.

On Oct 15, 2008, at 8:34 PM, christopher ashby wrote:

> I was just wondering if anyone else has encountered this error when
> attempting to redirect the nessus client from a redhat ES4 server to a
> windows host.
>
> With Nessus 3.2.1 installed and properly running on a RedHat ES4
> server, after issuing the display command, and then executing the
> NessusClient i receive this error:
>
> [1]+ Segmentation fault /opt/nessus/bin/NessusClient
>
> any ideas? I have tried restarting the nessusd server, and my X
> client app on XP. I have other application that utilize x windows and
> they don't have any issues.
>
> thanks
> --
> ashby

deraison-lists at nessus

Oct 15, 2008, 12:12 PM

Re: Segmentation Faults [In reply to]

On Oct 15, 2008, at 9:10 PM, Christopher Ashby wrote:

> They are already installed:
>
> Package bitmap-fonts - 0.3-5.1.1.noarch is already installed.
> Package bitstream-vera-fonts - 1.10-7.noarch is already installed.
>
> Do you have any other suggestions?

I'd need the output of 'strace' then.

Thanks,

-- Renaud

christopheraashby at gmail

Oct 15, 2008, 12:51 PM

Re: Segmentation Faults [In reply to]

Ok since the msg was bounced, find attached a compressed version.

Let me know your thoughts, thanks

Chris

--
ashby
Attachments: error.zip (12.0 KB)

christopheraashby at gmail

Oct 16, 2008, 8:25 AM

Re: Segmentation Faults [In reply to]

I corrected the problem this morning deleting the ./nessus-client
directory under my home directory. Relaunched nessus client and it
automatically recreated the hidden directory and the client worked
perfect.

--
Sent from my mobile device

ashby