Mailing List Archive: Nessus: users

Activating Nessus VM Appliance

Nessus users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

ALad at Ciena

Sep 25, 2008, 12:57 PM

Activating Nessus VM Appliance

I am trying to activate the Nessus VM Appliance using a professional
feed code. I am receiving this error.

Activating Nessus plugin feed failed: Registration of Nessus plugin feed
failed: nessus-fetch returned: 256

Any ideas what the problem could be?

Thanks.

Amit Lad
Information Security Engineer
-------------------------
Ciena Corporation | Office 410.694.5998 | alad [at] ciena
<http://www.ciena.com/>

deraison-lists at nessus

Sep 26, 2008, 1:07 AM

Re: Activating Nessus VM Appliance [In reply to]

Hello Amit,

On Sep 25, 2008, at 9:57 PM, Lad, Amit wrote:

> I am trying to activate the Nessus VM Appliance using a professional
> feed code. I am receiving this error.
>
> Activating Nessus plugin feed failed: Registration of Nessus plugin
> feed failed: nessus-fetch returned: 256
>
> Any ideas what the problem could be?

You probably mistyped your activation code and it was refused by the
server. Note that the activation code is case sensitive.

-- Renaud

Nessus users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded