Mailing List Archive: Nessus: users

Removing keys and passwords from WinNessus client

Nessus users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

SHAWN at SAFESYSTEMS

Aug 21, 2001, 6:55 AM

Removing keys and passwords from WinNessus client

I ran WinNessus from my PC that pointed to a specific Linux box with
Nessus running on it. We have since installed Nessus on a different
Linux server. Apparently, my password on the WinNessus client must be
cached or saved somewhere. How do I reset my WinNessus client so that I
can basically start from scratch. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.....

Shawn Cannon, CCNA, MCSE
AVP Systems Engineering
Safe Systems, Inc.

max at militant

Aug 21, 2001, 10:35 AM

Re: Removing keys and passwords from WinNessus client [In reply to]

If you use the NessusWX client for win32, you have a 'key management'
option, where you can delete or import keys.
The NessusWX client is downloadable from
http://www.securityprojects.org/nessuswx/index.htm#download, and is working
great for me. You can define sessions and run them at any time, and view
reports for a specific test you have saved, with specific options.

Max (MustConsultSomeoneElse too, lol)