Mailing List Archive: Nessus: plugins

Question about NASL documentation

Nessus plugins RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

nnposter at users

Nov 21, 2007, 4:53 PM

Question about NASL documentation

Could somebody point me to a comprehensive documentation for NASL (for
Nessus 2.x)?

The one I have been using so far, nasl2_reference.pdf, 2005/04/29,
contains a few errors (such as the return value of ereg()), does not
describe some parameters (such as embedded in http_keepalive_send_recv())
and limitations (such as ereg() not working on long strings).

Cheers,
nnposter

f.riphagen at nsec

Nov 23, 2007, 9:55 AM

Re: Question about NASL documentation [In reply to]

nnposter [at] users wrote:
> Could somebody point me to a comprehensive documentation for NASL (for
> Nessus 2.x)?
>
> The one I have been using so far, nasl2_reference.pdf, 2005/04/29,
> contains a few errors (such as the return value of ereg()), does not
> describe some parameters (such as embedded in http_keepalive_send_recv())
> and limitations (such as ereg() not working on long strings).

I'll think that's it. I haven't searched that much, but there was a
discussion some time ago.
http://mail.nessus.org/mailman/htdig/nessus/2007-April/016863.html

--Ferdy--