Mailing List Archive: Nessus: plugins

False positives on pluggin 20006

Nessus plugins RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

dmclean at uab

Dec 21, 2006, 5:57 AM

False positives on pluggin 20006

On our campus we have a number of hosts that fail scans with pluggin
20006, but the sysadmins claim to be fully patched. Anyone else
seeing this? Who at Nessus wants to look at the sniffer trace?

theall at tenablesecurity

Dec 21, 2006, 7:11 AM

Re: False positives on pluggin 20006 [In reply to]

On Thu, Dec 21, 2006 at 07:57:47AM -0600, Douglas McLean wrote:

> On our campus we have a number of hosts that fail scans with pluggin
> 20006, but the sysadmins claim to be fully patched. Anyone else
> seeing this? Who at Nessus wants to look at the sniffer trace?

I'd be happy to take a look. Before you send me a trace, though, please
make sure the targets have been rebooted since the patches were applied
and, if necessary, re-scan and take a new trace.

George
--
theall [at] tenablesecurity