Mailing List Archive: Nessus: devel

How to extract *.nbin and *.nes files?

Nessus devel RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

ZHOULEI004 at pingan

How to extract *.nbin and *.nes files?

Some of the plugins are not *.nasl but *.nbin or *.nes files, we could use NessusWX Client to view these plugins' information , such as "wmi_ntfs_drives.nbin"(plugin_id:24871) and so on. But if we want to write a program to read the *.nbin or *.nes plugin's information(i.e. plugin_id, category, description, ...) , how could we do? Is there a tool to extract these files? or, what's the encyption method for these files?

********************************************************************************************************************************
温馨提醒:中国平安保险(集团)股份有限公司电子邮件地址由原来的XXX [at] paic更改为XXX [at] pingan

Warning tips:the Email Address of PING AN INSURANCE (GROUP) COMPANY changes into XXX [at] pingan
********************************************************************************************************************************

********************************************************************************************************************************
The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. If you have received this email in error or are
not the intended recipient, please immediately notify the sender and delete this message from your computer. Any use, distribution,
or copying of this email other than by the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. All messages sent to and from us may be
monitored to ensure compliance with internal policies and to protect our business.
Emails are not secure and cannot be guaranteed to be error free as they can be intercepted, amended, lost or destroyed,
or contain viruses. Anyone who communicates with us by email is taken to accept these risks.

收发邮件者请注意:
本邮件含保密信息,若误收本邮件,请务必通知发送人并直接删去,不得使用、传播或复制本邮件。
进出邮件均受到本公司合规监控。邮件可能发生被截留、被修改、丢失、被破坏或包含计算机病毒等不安全情况。

theall at tenablesecurity

Re: How to extract *.nbin and *.nes files? [In reply to]

On Apr 15, 2008, at 1:15 AM, 周磊(集团信息管理中心规划支持部) wrote:

> Some of the plugins are not *.nasl but *.nbin or *.nes files, we
> could use NessusWX Client to view these plugins' information , such
> as "wmi_ntfs_drives.nbin"(plugin_id:24871) and so on. But if we want
> to write a program to read the *.nbin or *.nes plugin's
> information(i.e. plugin_id, category, description, ...) , how could
> we do? Is there a tool to extract these files? or, what's the
> encyption method for these files?

Plugins ending in '*.nes' are compiled C-language plugins, while those
ending in '.nbin' are compiled NASL scripts. You can't "extract" them
per se, but the Nessus server can send information about them (and
other plugins) when a client connects. [Note that Nessus 2.x doesn't
support '.nbin' at all.]

By the way, please note that NessusWX is not supported any more.
Please switch to NessusClient, which you can download from <http://www.nessus.org/download/
>.

George
--