jan-oliver.wagner at intevation
Apr 4, 2007, 3:40 PM
Hello Nessus developers,
NessusClient: Planned improvements
in order to prevent double work or uncoordinated work,
I though I drop a note on what I am currently (slowly!)
- Migrating monitor dialog to TreeView widget.
Why: Current widget are marked deprecated. Also,
it opens the opportunity to take advantage of the
tree structure in order to aggregate domains.
My current issues:
- Progressbar cell renderer is only introduced
in GTK+ 2.6. I can ifdef the code to have the
new monitor dialog appear only for GTK >= 2.6.
Alternatively it could be decided to raise minimum
version of GTK+ to 2.6.
- There is no cell renderer for button. Alternatives are:
- Toggle is used and once switch on, the host is stopped
and vanishes from the list
- Our own cell renderer for button is implemented.
- The "Stop" functionality is removed or realized
in a different way.
- Implementing a memory-side Plugin-Description cache.
Why: Memory consumption is currently high if you have
switched on all the caching. Same plugins are kept in memory
multiple times. Several strings are cached and some are zipped,
but I think a real cache would lower memory consumption
Issues: none so far. I just proceed on implementing this.
Please let me know if you have any comments. Espcially
let me know if anyone is already planning changes in the same
areas or in a way that would influence my current work.
All the best
Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner Intevation GmbH
Amtsgericht Osnabrück, HR B 18998 http://www.intevation.de/
Geschäftsführer: Frank Koormann, Bernhard Reiter, Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner
Nessus-devel mailing list
Nessus-devel [at] list