Mailing List Archive: Nessus: devel

Packages for Slackware

Nessus devel RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

tingdong.wu at gmail

Nov 12, 2006, 4:18 AM

Packages for Slackware

Hi Devel,

I download the Nessus packages( with RPM format for Redhat), while My
OS is slackware, which the installation package is tgz format for
Slackware.

The installation process I do as below:
# rpm2tgz Nessus.rpm
# installpkg Nessus.tgz
# ln -s libcrypto.so.0 libcrypto.so.4
# ln -s libssl.so.0 libssl.so.4
# ln -s libdb4-4.so libdb-4.3.so
# ldconfig
The it can works under Slackware.

Can you provide the perfect software in tgz format for Slackware
users, thank you all!

Regards,
Albert

theall at tenablesecurity

Nov 14, 2006, 7:22 AM

Re: Packages for Slackware [In reply to]

On Sun, Nov 12, 2006 at 08:18:21PM +0800, Albert Wu wrote:

> I download the Nessus packages( with RPM format for Redhat), while My
> OS is slackware

It's not generally a good idea to try to shoehorn packages intended for
one distro into another. If it works for you, fine; but if you run into
any issues, you're definitely on your own.

> Can you provide the perfect software in tgz format for Slackware
> users, thank you all!

We'll consider supporting additional platforms if there's sufficient
demand from our customers. So far, though, there hasn't been much
interest in Slackware.

George
--
theall [at] tenablesecurity

jacek_kal at poczta

Nov 26, 2006, 9:11 AM

Re: Packages for Slackware [In reply to]

George A. Theall <theall <at> tenablesecurity.com> writes:

> > Can you provide the perfect software in tgz format for Slackware
> > users, thank you all!
>
> So far, though, there hasn't been much
> interest in Slackware.

I'm also interested in slackware version of nessus.
But together with 2 colleagues we are combining how to run nessus on this distro.

Jack