Mailing List Archive: Nessus: devel

Vhost Patch

Nessus devel RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

erik at edgeos

Jun 8, 2005, 12:49 PM

Vhost Patch

Attached is a very simple patch to keep nessus from overriding the
given IP address with the DNS'd IP address of a given domain name, as
when the host list contains something like:

10.0.0.1[www.foo.com]

Can we get this included?

Best regards,
Erik
Attachments: vhost.patch (0.27 KB)

deraison at nessus

Jun 16, 2005, 12:33 PM

Re: Vhost Patch [In reply to]

On Jun 8, 2005, at 15:49, Erik Stephens wrote:

> Attached is a very simple patch to keep nessus from overriding the
> given IP address with the DNS'd IP address of a given domain name,
> as when the host list contains something like:
>
> 10.0.0.1[www.foo.com]

Sorry for the delay on this.

The correct syntax to do vhost scanning is "hostname[IP]".

ie: www.foo.com[10.0.0.1]

Your patch would actually break this, and as far as I can see, the
current code works as advertised.

-- Renaud

Nessus devel RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded