Mailing List Archive: Nessus: devel

tar-ball creation process?

Nessus devel RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

jan at intevation

Nov 8, 2004, 4:29 AM

tar-ball creation process?

Hi Renaud,

I wonder whether there are some special scripts or recipes
how you create tar-balls from the CVS version. There is no
'make dist' in the Makefile and also ViewCVS is not configured
to allow the download of a tar-ball.
(The reason I am asking for this is that I am about to create
Debian backports for the current HEAD development).

Best

Jan

--
Jan-Oliver Wagner http://intevation.de/~jan/

Intevation GmbH http://intevation.de/
FreeGIS http://freegis.org/

jan at intevation

Nov 8, 2004, 6:19 AM

Re: tar-ball creation process? [In reply to]

On Mon, Nov 08, 2004 at 12:29:50PM +0100, Jan-Oliver Wagner wrote:
> I wonder whether there are some special scripts or recipes
> how you create tar-balls from the CVS version. There is no
> 'make dist' in the Makefile and also ViewCVS is not configured
> to allow the download of a tar-ball.
> (The reason I am asking for this is that I am about to create
> Debian backports for the current HEAD development).

just for the archive: Be aware of the file .root-dir which
might get lost when simply copying the source code tree...