Mailing List Archive: Nessus: devel

buffer size for nessus report items

Nessus devel RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

b.wolf at dn-systems

Oct 6, 2004, 1:47 AM

buffer size for nessus report items

Hi,

recently I had trouble generating Nessus reports with individual
warning messages greater than 32K. Whenever this happens the
client simply answers with "nessusd returned an empty report".
After some investigation I found that this is purely a client-side
issue. When cranking up a few buffer sizes in data_mining.c and
monitor_dialog.c from 32K to 1M all problems go away. I'm not sure
if there are any memory or performance implications with this
patch. My question: Is there any reason for buffer sizes to be
limited to 32K? Is this something we could change in the head
branch?

All the best,
Boris

Nessus devel RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded